We have an opportunity for an experienced Senior Positional Trader to join the team and improve us further. You will trade options across Asian markets as part of a collaborative team with access to best in class systems and tools.
WHO YOU ARE
The ideal candidate will have strong options and product knowledge, preferably in equities. You will be a natural problem solver with exceptional analytical and quantitative skills. You’re a strong performer with a passion for trading and eagerness to learn and continually improve. You are interested and familiar with markets and comfortable with trading a view. We work very collaboratively at Optiver, so this role will suit someone who enjoys working in a team, sharing knowledge and learning from others.
- Significant experience working as an Equity/Index Options Trader
- Track record of strong trading performance
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the market and an understanding of how markets function and the opportunities present
- Strong and responsible risk appetite
- Strong communication skills and ability to work under pressure
- Passion for trading, and a strong desire to continuously improve spots
- Familiarity and strength in coding, with Python, R or other languages
- Knowledge and experience of other asset classes (in addition to Equities)
- Familiarity with the large flows that occur in the market and motivations for market behaviour
- Experience mentoring or training junior traders
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
- The chance to work alongside diverse, intelligent and driven peers in a rewarding environment
- Competitive remuneration, including an attractive bonus structure and additional leave entitlements
- Training, mentorship and personal development opportunities
- Gym membership plus weekly in-house chair massages
- Daily breakfast and lunch facilities
- Regular social events including an annual company trip
- A work-from-home allowance and support
As an intentionally flat organisation, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued and respected, because we believe our best work is done together.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process. We encourage applications from candidates from any and all backgrounds, and we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities.