WHO WE ARE:
At Optiver, continuous improvement runs through everything we do. Through investment in people, technology and our working environment we have nurtured a culture of that encourages teamwork, innovation and enjoyment of work. As our business continues to grow and diversify, we are exposed to an ever-growing range of markets and risks.
In response to this we are growing our market risk management team locally in Singapore. We are looking for someone with genuine passion for financial markets, who can bring fresh ideas to the team and contribute to Optiver’s risk management activities. The team operates in a fast-paced environment, so you’ll need great analytical and problem solving skills as well as the aptitude and attention to detail to make quick calculations and decisions.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Improving and building out the existing market risk management governance and control framework we have in our Singapore office
- Advising on limit requests, policies and methodologies with a focus on options strategies
- Be the trusted advisor to the Managing Director and senior traders on options-related positions and risks
- Taking the lead on risk projects that involve multiple stakeholders across the organisation
- Growing the Risk Management team in Singapore and mentoring more junior members of the Risk Management team
- Working with our software engineering teams to improve our risk systems and support new business
- Supported by the regional APAC Risk team as we grow our presence in Singapore
WHO YOU ARE:
To excel in this role, you ideally have 5+ years of experience in a trading, market risk or portfolio manager role with a specific focus on option trading. You will interact regularly with our Chinese Risk team and will possess strong written and spoken Mandarin Chinese language skills.
- Curiosity – eager to learn, seeks out information
- Drive for success – Proactive, shows initiative, gets results
- Collaboration – works well with others both within the team and in other teams
- Resilience – able to bounce back from setbacks. Able to stand your ground in discussions
- Growth Mindset – able to admit mistakes, accept feedback and use this to better yourself. Always looking to improve.
- Critical Mindset – looking for why something could be wrong rather than why it must be right.
- Integrity – acting honestly in all dealings.
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
If you are up to this challenge please apply now; you’ll find yourself solving dynamic, stimulating problems in an energetic and driven team. On top of this we offer:
- The chance to work alongside diverse, intelligent, and driven peers in a rewarding environment
- Competitive remuneration, including an attractive bonus structure and additional leave entitlements
- Training, mentorship and personal development opportunities
- Daily lunch
- Regular social events including an annual company trip
- A work-from-home allowance and support
Our flat structure makes it easier to get things done. Everyone is empowered to deliver significant changes, supported by your team and your leaders. We value people who are committed to always delivering their best work, so we give people the autonomy to deliver solutions and direct their own career.
Optiver encourages Singaporean nationals to apply.