WHO WE ARE:
Optiver is a proprietary trading firm and leading global market maker. As one of the oldest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner of 50+ exchanges across the globe. Our mission is to constantly improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilizing force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for everyone who participates.
Since its establishment in 2012, our Shanghai office is a rapidly growing participant in the Chinese markets, trading exchange-listed futures, options and equities in China mainland. Our vision is to become the trusted partner in the development of Chinese financial markets. With the culture of a start-up but the backing of a 35-year-old trading firm, the Optiver Shanghai office is truly unique. Embodying the intersection of East-meets-West values, Optiver Shanghai is a true international experience. Everyone who joins us will help shape the future of our company and its global impact. Get ready: we are only just beginning.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Rich knowledge of transfer pricing, local and international tax
- Liaise with business owners and tax teams overseas to make sure proper Transfer Pricing documentation and arrangement are in place
- Performing tax research work and advising the business on tax related issues
- Monitor tax related legislative and regulatory developments that may affect the company
- Act as a main contact to work with external service providers, tax authorities and government bodies
- Deal with inquiries and investigation from local tax authorities
- Local government benefit application for the companies and individuals under applicable government policies
- Evaluate and enhance tax process and risk control framework
- Develop and embed best practice tax processes
- Responsible for all tax accounting processes at the local level and provide complete and accurate tax accounting results
- Ensure accuracy and timely submission of tax returns, including CIT, VAT, IIT, Stamp duty etc.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Excellent verbal communication and exceptional written skills in both English and Mandarin
- At least 8 years relevant working experience, preferably within a Big 4 or the tax team of a multinational corporation
- Knowledge of and/or affinity with financial markets
- Strong problem-solving skills and analytical skills
- Hands on mentality and able to work independently
- Demonstrate self-motivation and a desire to take responsibility for personal growth and development
- Outstanding interpersonal skill when deal with Fiscal Authorities
- Ability to meet critical deadlines and work under pressure
- CTA, CICPA is highly preferred
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
- The chance to work alongside best-in-class professionals
- Training, mentorship and personal development opportunities
- Competitive compensation package, office breakfast, lunch, snacks etc.
- Sponsored gym membership, sports and leisure activities, plus weekly in-house chair massages
- Regular social events, clubs and Friday afternoon drinks
HOW TO APPLY:
If you’re interested in taking your career to one of the most exciting trading floors in China mainland, apply now via our website: www.optiver.com. While we love how bilingual our teams are, be sure to submit your resume in English.
We will carefully review your application against our recruitment criteria. If we think you could be a good fit, you’ll hear from us sooner than you might expect!
For any other inquiries, please email: [email protected]