At Optiver you will find an environment of collaboration and passion for solving challenging problems. As a world leading market maker, we combine diverse skill sets, unique minds and a desire to be number one in all we do. We pursue the world’s best talent that will move our business forward. Our recruitment team must continuously think deeply about how to identify, engage, attract and assess this talent. Experienced and motivated Trading and Research talent is one of the foundational pillars to our recruitment strategy. That’s where you come in as a specialist Trading Recruiter in our home office of Amsterdam.
Who we are:
Optiver is a tech-driven trading firm and leading global market maker. As one of the oldest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner of 50+ exchanges across the globe. Our mission is to constantly improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilising force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for everyone who participates.
Our Amsterdam office is where it all began. Over 35 years ago, Optiver’s business started with a single trader on the floor of Amsterdam’s European Stock Exchange. Since our 1986 founding, Optiver’s Amsterdam office has grown into one of the most dynamic and exciting trading floors in Europe. Our culture reflects the Dutch capital city’s progressive, innovative and inclusive nature. With its unique spirit, Amsterdam is the ideal hub for our teams to trade a wide range of products from listed derivatives to cash equities, ETFs, bonds and foreign exchange.
What you'll do
Hiring top talent is a core focus and key driver to Optiver’s success – in this highly competitive market for the top performing Trading talent our Recruiters are passionate, creative problem solvers who partner with our stakeholders to find and secure the best people.
In this role, you will be part of a team responsible for advancing Optiver’s end-to-end recruitment strategy to find, attract and hire quantitative trading, research, and engineering talent. You and the team will be accountable for building the Optiver workforce of the future, including global sourcing and innovative approaches to passive candidate engagement, elevating our sourcing strategies.
You’ll have responsibility and the freedom to develop and execute on tailored, tactical recruitment strategies for extremely niche roles, partnering with the business to develop sourcing strategies, conduct behavioural assessments and manage the process all the way through to the offer conversation. You will build your expertise in the trading recruitment domain, continually refining your craft as a specialist recruiter and contribute to broader team goals.
No two days are the same here, so you will have to be innovative, flexible and able to think on your feet. More concretely:
- Independently strategise your own sourcing approaches to engage talent;
- Attract tier-one trading talent through the development of your own networks and manage the delivery of our brand to the market;
- Screen and Interview incoming applicants and manage their experience throughout the process;
- Develop strong relationships with senior stakeholder and internal functions as well as partner with our external agencies;
- Create and optimise the end to end recruitment process and continuously look to enhance our sourcing approaches as well as the approaches of our external partnerships;
- Contribute to the delivery of information to our internal teams in relation to the markets we source from and improve the wider understanding of the markets we look to acquire talent from;
- Collaborate with internal marketing and communications teams on our positioning to potential employees and the market as a whole;
Who you are:
- You are passionate about finding niche skillsets from the capital markets talent pools across Europe and beyond. You may have been an agency recruiter, working to find rare, niche abilities in (but not limited to) quantitative engineering, quantitative trading and/or quantitative analytics OR you have experience as an in-house front office recruiter for a financial services organisation, matching a deep understanding of business needs with a knack for finding and attracting exceptional people.
- You appreciate the importance of mentoring others to build their technical skills and develop their careers and see it as critical to partner with others (within and outside the team) to achieve great things and can apply creativity to solve complex recruitment problems.
- You recognise the importance of data in recruitment and enjoy challenging the status quo to get the best results.
- You understand of the importance of candidate experience and a desire to always ensure that our delivery of that is of the highest calibre;
- You are pragmatic, tenacious and have a result-oriented mindset with an interest in trading.
What you’ll get
- The chance to start your career working alongside best-in-class professionals from over 40 different countries.
- Our performance based bonus structure is unmatched anywhere in the industry. We combine our profits across desks, teams and offices into a global profit pool fostering a truly collaborative environment to work in.
Alongside this you will get great secondary benefits such as 25 paid vacation days, fully paid first-class commuting expenses, training opportunities, discounts on health insurance, breakfast and lunch facilities, sports and leisure activities, Friday afternoon drinks and even weekly in-house chair massages. Being highly international, we are accustomed to guiding expats through their relocation, offering competitive relocation packages and providing visa sponsorship where necessary.
How to apply:
Are you interested in furthering your career on one of the most dynamic and exciting trading floors in Europe?
Apply directly via the form below for the position of Trading Recruiter. Please provide us with a CV and letter of motivation in English. Applications without a letter of motivation will not be reviewed. When we think there is a potential match, you will hear from us sooner than you expect. If you have any questions feel free to contact our Recruiter Cameron Marett via [email protected].
Kindly note that we do not require any assistance from third-parties including agencies in the recruitment of this role
As an intentionally flat organisation, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued and respected, because we believe our best work is done together.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process. We encourage applications from candidates from any and all backgrounds, and we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities.