An exciting opportunity now exists for a self-motivated, ambitious individual with at least 2 years’ experience to join the Taiwan team as the organisation continues to grow and the team’s involvement in all facets of the business expands.
WHO WE ARE
Optiver is a leading global electronic market maker, trading in financial instruments for our own account. We provide liquidity to financial markets using our own capital, at our own risk, trading a wide range of products, listed derivatives, OTC’s, cash equities, ETFs, commodities and foreign currencies.
Optiver Taiwan Futures Co. Ltd (Optiver Taiwan) was established in 2005 and has grown to become a significant participant in the Taiwan Market, supporting liquidity by market making over 60 products listed on TAIFEX.
The broader Optiver APAC franchise consists of Sydney as the regional hub of operations, supporting trading activities in Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Singapore and China. Optiver is proud of its unique organisational culture, which is simultaneously low on formality and bureaucracy and highly focused on performance and innovation.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
The primary mission of the Compliance Officer is to ensure the firm is conducting its business operations and transactions in full compliance with all relevant regulatory requirements and internal guidelines, helping the firm to identify and mitigate risks by ensuring a strong control environment is maintained.
- Performing Internal Audit (IA) duties and preparing IA reports to fulfil onshore regulatory requirements.
- Challenging the effectiveness of the company’s internal controls and contributing to their improvement.
- Coordinating and scheduling required Compliance training, educating and training employees on regulations and industry practices.
- Providing support on company and staff registration with regulators, regulatory reporting obligation and board meetings coordination.
- Regulatory change management identifying global and local developments, extracting relevant points, analysing applicability, advising stakeholders, tracking implementation.
- Maintaining up to date written documentation and policies related to the firm’s business activities.
- Providing expert advice on new business initiatives, relevant regulatory or exchange rules and incident management.
- Engaging with exchanges and regulators by responding to notices and inquiries.
- Participating in external and internal audits as well as the remediation of audit discoveries or Compliance incidents.
WHO YOU ARE
- A relevant bachelor’s degree.
- 2-5 years of work experience preferably in Compliance, Internal Audit (IA), or Legal functions in a global financial institution
- Exposure to global markets and electronic trading with emphasis on futures, options and equities.
- Taiwan Futures Specialist license (or obtain within 3 months after joining).
- Good English & Mandarin verbal and written communication.
- Structured and pragmatic approach to solving problems.
WHAT YOU’LL GET
At Optiver we have a performance-driven culture and strive for continuous improvement, innovative problem solving and streamlined systems and processes. We are passionate about creating value for the business and supporting the continued success of Optiver. We believe in people with ideas who challenge the status quo and want to help you reach your potential.
In addition to competitive remuneration you will have access to an extensive range of amazing benefits designed to keep you engaged, healthy and balanced so you can deliver your best.