An exciting new opportunity exists for a self-motivated, ambitious Senior Compliance Adviser to join the team as the organisation continues to grow.
WHO WE ARE:
Optiver is a leading global proprietary trading firm. We provide the most up-to-date and competitive prices to anyone wanting to buy or sell financial instruments. Achieving this requires excellence in everything we do. We constantly look for opportunities to advance and improve our pricing, trade execution, and risk management. This rigorous approach helps us realize our mission each and every day: improve the market.
We have a performance-driven culture and continually strive for enhanced knowledge, innovative problem solving and streamlined systems and processes. We are passionate about creating value for the business and supporting the continued success of Optiver. We believe in people with ideas who challenge the status quo and want to help you reach your potential.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Compliance is a partner and enabler for the business by providing assurance our Compliance risks are understood and managed with the Group's appetite. You will be responsibel for:
- Provide expert advice on new business initiatives, relevant regulatory or exchange rules and incidents
- Engage with select exchanges and regulators by responding to inquiries, establishing and maintaining key external relationships, representing Optiver externally from a Compliance perspective
- Manage select external and internal audits
- Challenge the effectiveness of our Compliance controls and contribute to their improvement
WHO YOU ARE:
- A relevant bachelor’s degree.
- 5+ years relevant experience
- Understanding of global markets and electronic trading with emphasis on futures, options and equities
- Understanding of regulation related to the market making industry
- Exposure to and understanding of regulators
- Ability to establish and maintain regulatory and exchange relationships in an ongoing manner
- Ability to identify global and local developments
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
- Strong control culture. Compliance are truly a partner to the business. We are decision makers. We advise on key initiatives and opine on Compliance risk management.
- Collaboration and transparency are cornerstones of our culture. We believe our best work is done by deeply understanding our trading and technology.
- Responsibility spans APAC ex China. Large number of markets, significant market shares.
- Be a thought leader in risk management and a key player in influencing the direction of our risk culture.
- You will get the support and tools to develop your skills on the job so that you feel empowered to be at your best. Benefits include breakfast and lunch facilities, training opportunities, gym membership and many more