It’s called an internship, but that doesn’t quite do it justice. As a hardware engineering intern at Optiver, your fingerprints will be on every aspect of the FPGA development process—from researching new low-latency techniques to designing cutting-edge hardware to mastering trading strategies and software. The results of your work will be visible every day in the form of strategies with nanosecond response times, highly parallelized algorithms and customized low-level networking.
Technology at Optiver:
As an engineer, you are a maker at heart. At Optiver you will have the opportunity to take ownership of complex problems and craft solutions—to make stuff—from day one. Every day will bring fresh challenges that demand even fresher thinking. The proprietary trading systems you build will directly impact financial markets that—either directly or indirectly—touch the lives of millions of people.
What you'll need:
- Working towards a BS or MS in Computer Science, or related technical field
- Junior standing
- Experience designing FPGAs in VHDL or Verilog
- Knowledge of digital simulators and self-checking test benches a plus
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with developers, traders, and business operations on a daily basis
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required; we will not sponsor individuals for employment authorization for this job opening
Who we are:
Optiver is a proprietary trading firm and leading global market maker. As one of the oldest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner of 50+ exchanges across the globe. Our mission is to constantly improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilising force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for everyone who participates.
*We accept one application per role per year. If you have previously applied to the Hardware Engineering Intern position during this season and have been unsuccessful, you can reapply once the next recruitment season begins in 2022.