We are the eyes and ears of our trading floor. In order to successfully manage execution trading, you must possess the ability to quickly gather, process and assess information in order to provide fast and efficient markets in competitive volumes to counterparties worldwide. At Optiver you will be expected to source, develop, and maintain broker relationships to ensure Optiver US continues to be a top-tier trading firm. An ideal execution trader values challenges and feedback, has extremely strong communication and interpersonal skills and can manage a highly competitive and fast paced environment.
Your career here will begin with comprehensive training on the fundamentals of trading: theory, markets, strategies and cutting-edge technology.
What you’ll do:
- Identify and capitalize on market opportunities
- Make split-second trading decisions that can instantly impact profitability
- Represent Optiver’s quotes and execute orders with many of the world’s largest trading desks via phone, IM, and Bloomberg
- Develop and maintain good business relationships
- Represent Optiver and yourself with integrity and professionalism
- Identify new product/market opportunities in order to diversify our strategies and maximize success
- Improve our execution network and access to volume
- Understand and apply knowledge of the exchanges’ rules & regulations and market structures in which we engage
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience working in the finance industry. Trading or working with derivatives is a plus.
- Ability to source, maintain, and manage account relationships
- Strong communication skills and self-assurance
- Competitive attitude and dedication to constantly improve
- Strong mathematical and quantitative background
- Computer programming skills are a plus, but not required
Who we are:
Optiver is a leading proprietary trading firm using technology to provide the most up-to-date and competitive prices in financial products around the world. Put simply: we improve the markets and seek teammates who are equally committed to achieve this goal. Does that describe you? Then opt in.