Our Back Office Engineering and Operations team is seeking a Reconciliation Analyst. This team is responsible for infrastructure that records and reconciles our trades and positions in addition to various controls and monitoring of our live trading environment. Within the Reconciliation Analyst role, you will ensure these systems are functioning correctly and allow trading to operate with confidence.
What you’ll do:
- Prepare all daily, intraday, and monthly reconciliations and address any exceptions
- Use scripts and queries to research and analyze reconciliation issues on daily and monthly intervals
- Identify, resolve and analyze differences in PnL
- Develop fluency with existing systems, infrastructure, and procedures and proactively improve them
- Identify opportunities to intelligently automate while maintaining firm human control
- Gather and analyze metrics to improve and report on the performance and efficiency of back office systems
- Work in tandem with back office engineering to ensure the health and stability of the back office processes and systems
- Continually drive systems toward cleanliness, simplicity, and reliability
- Create documentation to ensure processes and tasks are consistent and repeatable as well as increase knowledge sharing across the back office team
What you’ll need:
- A Bachelor’s degree
- Ability to proactively identify both technical and operational deficiencies
- Ability to automate and improve processes by learning and applying technical tools such as Excel, VBA, Scripting, or SQL
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience with balancing, trade reconciliation or experience in a trade settlement role is a plus, but not required
Who we are:
Optiver is a leading proprietary trading firm using technology to provide the most up-to-date and competitive prices in financial products around the world. Put simply, we improve the markets. Achieving this requires excellence in everything we do. That’s not merely an aspiration, but our reason for being.
We’re seeking people who up the ante with nerve, with guts and, most importantly, with heart. We’re looking for the bold. Does that describe you? Then opt in.