Optiver’s Systems Support Engineers focus on IT systems and applications that allow users to perform their daily work. We firmly believe and work towards finding the right blend of functionality for our users and manageability for administrators. To that end, the person we seek will revel in finding that balance, and running systems that consistently work, and work well.
What you'll do:
You’ll be part of a fast-paced operations team on the front lines of support, with the following responsibilities:
- Act as a single point of contact for general IT questions or assistance
- Provide support for enterprise applications
- Manage our trader IPC/Turret infrastructure
- Manage our Phones, Printers, Video Conferencing, and Security Systems (including the selection of technologies used, and monitoring of these systems)
- Analyze and recommend enterprise IT solutions for user facing technologies
- Coordinate with other IT engineering teams to execute on service delivery (building windows desktop hosts, provisioning VPN connections, etc.)
- Manage the internal office wiki
What you’ll need:
- Experience troubleshooting IT support issues
- Passion for problem solving in a fast-paced environment
- Strong desire to work with a wide scope of technologies
- Attention to detail and cleanliness
- An understanding of change control processes
- Strong documentation mentality
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required; we will not sponsor individuals for employment authorization for this job opening
Who we are:
Optiver is a leading proprietary trading firm using technology to provide the most up-to-date and competitive prices in financial products around the world. Put simply, we improve the markets. Achieving this requires excellence in everything we do. That’s not merely an aspiration, but our reason for being.
We’re seeking people who up the ante with nerve, with guts and, most importantly, with heart. We’re looking for the bold. Does that describe you? Then opt in.