At Optiver, we strive for excellence in all things we do. We are looking for Data Center Engineers that share this mindset. A well-planned and well-orchestrated cabling and racking infrastructure is just as important to us as well-engineered trading software.
If you are someone who takes pride in what you do, who relentlessly strives for perfection, who gets a kick out of systematizing and organizing your domain, then you’re the person we seek. This is a chance to take ownership of the physical part of our trading infrastructure across multiple data centers and thousands of servers, all the while striving for simplicity and operational excellence.
What you'll do:
You will be responsible of maintaining our US data centers, including but not limited to the following:
- Installing and cabling switches, servers, and appliances in our onsite data center
- Coordinating work at the remote colocations
- Managing power and space including monitoring and capacity planning
- Maintaining a consistent and clean cable management standards
- Managing hardware inventory and troubleshooting hardware related issues
- Coordinating colocations expansions and migrations
- Shipping , receiving and transporting hardware between sites
- Maintaining data center documentation
What you'll need:
- Attention to detail and strong documentation skills
- Great communication skills
- An understanding of change control processes
- Ability to identify basic parts of network equipment – SFPs, line cards, chassis
- Basic understanding of Networking concepts and troubleshooting steps
- Jira familiarity
- Basic understanding of Windows and Linux OS
- Solid understanding of power management on the server rack level
- Ability to identify server parts
- Knowledge of structured cabling systems using cat 5, cat 6, multi-mode and single-mode fiber
- Experience using cable testers
- Ability to lift 75lbs
- Reliable transportation and the ability to work second shift 10AM – 8PM
- Ability to occasionally travel to New Jersey colocations when COVID-19 restrictions are lifted
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required; we will not sponsor individuals for employment authorization for this job opening
Who we are:
Optiver is a leading proprietary trading firm using technology to provide the most up-to-date and competitive prices in financial products around the world. Put simply, we improve the markets. Achieving this requires excellence in everything we do. That’s not merely an aspiration, but our reason for being.
We’re seeking people who up the ante with nerve, with guts and, most importantly, with heart. We’re looking for the bold. Does that describe you? Then opt in.