Our Windows Engineers are responsible for the management of both enterprise and trading windows machines. On the enterprise side we optimize for reliability and scalability. On the trading side we optimize for a variety of performance characteristics, like latency, that keep us competitive. In all that we do, we strive for simplicity and operational excellence.
As part of our windows team, you will work with other engineering teams in designing purpose built systems. Our engineering culture is highly collaborative. Windows engineers are expected to participate in design discussions with both developers and traders with the goal of solving problems that really matter to the business.
What you’ll do:
- Work with an established and experienced team to build best in class solutions using solid engineering principles
- Communicate and collaborate with business users and technology teams
- Have an innate ability to breakdown complex problems and make sound engineering decisions in a self-directed environment
- Deploy, monitor, and configure windows infrastructure
- Recommend and implement system improvements
What you’ll need:
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, or related engineering or science curriculum
- Enjoys constant improvement and working in a clean environment
- Scripting in PowerShell or Python
- Extensive knowledge of MS Windows Server 2012 R2 & Server 2016 OS and MS Windows 2010 Enterprise
- Strong knowledge of Exchange 2016
- Strong knowledge of SQL Server
Who we are:
Optiver is a leading proprietary trading firm using technology to provide the most up-to-date and competitive prices in financial products around the world. Put simply, we improve the markets. Achieving this requires excellence in everything we do. That’s not merely an aspiration, but our reason for being.
We’re seeking people who up the ante with nerve, with guts and, most importantly, with heart. We’re looking for the bold. Does that describe you? Then opt in.