Optiver is an industry leader across everything we do. We don’t just meet industry standards we aim to set them! We believe that in order to stay at the top we must adapt, innovate and continuously improve.
With a focus on a broad range of options and delta one products, our trading teams work in collaboration with the technology, research and control departments to create solutions that continuously improve our trading strategies.
Optiver brings together a multidisciplinary group of talented people from all over the world. Our culture supports and empowers Optiverians to develop and to grow both personally and professionally. The dynamic, collaborative environment and the nature of work we are involved in means that your problem solving, creativity and analytical skills can be well leveraged in the pursuit of excellence.
About the role:
As a Trading Operations Analyst, you will work on the trading floor gaining in-depth exposure to the trading desks and various business areas at Optiver. You will play a crucial connecting role between various departments and will be responsible for taking care of all the things associated with the trading cycle. You will be dealing with large amounts of data, need to be precise and correct, and carry out tasks within a certain time frame, whilst working collaboratively with stakeholders across the trading floor.
What you'll do:
- Managing and analyzing trader positions, market making activities, settlement/buy in risks
- Monitoring corporate events and analysing the impact upon the traders’ positions
- Managing the exercise of options contracts on all European exchanges
- Liaising with Prime Brokers, Execution Brokers, and European exchanges
- Crossing options and futures on exchanges
- Daily reporting and matching trades, checking hedges
- Facilitating the relationship with the Clearers and Exchanges
- Optimizing reporting processes through automation
- Analyzing desk’s trading fees with particular focus on financing and market making costs
- Proactively looking for trading cost and system efficiencies
- Monitoring and analyzing trading and operational risks, stock lending requirements
- Working on projects directly related to the desk’s trading activity and risks
- Analysing settlement/buy in risks and their impact on trader’s strategies
- Monitoring and analysing stock lending requirements for all desks
What we are looking for:
- The ability to work in an accurate and structured way
- The drive to constantly improve and optimize
- Ability to work under pressure and multi-task
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and experience with VBA, SQL & Python is a plus
- A degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration is preferred, but degrees in Math, Econometrics or Engineering are also encouraged to apply
- Fluent English
- Numerical and analytical skills
- Strong affinity with financial markets
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
What you'll get:
The chance to further your career working alongside best-in-class professionals from over 40 different countries.
Our performance based bonus structure is unmatched anywhere in the industry. We combine our profits across desks, teams and offices into a global profit pool fostering a truly collaborative environment to work in.
Alongside this you will get great secondary benefits such as 25 paid vacation days, fully paid first-class commuting expenses, training opportunities, discounts on health insurance, breakfast and lunch facilities, sports and leisure activities, Friday afternoon drinks and even weekly in-house chair massages. Being highly international, we are accustomed to guiding expats through their relocation, offering competitive relocation packages and providing visa sponsorship where necessary
Are you interested in furthering your career on one of the most dynamic and exciting trading floors in Europe?
Apply directly via the button below for the position of Trading Operations Analyst. Please provide us with a CV and letter of motivation in English. Applications without a letter of motivation will not be reviewed. When we think there is a potential match, you will hear from us sooner than you expect. If you have any questions feel free to contact the Recruitment team on +31 (0) 20 708 70 00 or [email protected]
Please note, if you are selected from your application to proceed to the next round for the position of Trading Operations Analyst you will be required to take an online assessment.
Kindly note that we do not require any assistance from third-parties including agencies in the recruitment of this role.