Are you an experienced financial professional with a flexible mind and an aptitude for organising and structuring teamwork? Are you accurate and can you easily connect the dots? Would you like to work in a highly entrepreneurial environment? Then you might be our new Financial Controller, joining the Finance team!
Who we are
Over thirty years ago, Optiver began as a single trader on the floor of Amsterdam’s Options exchange. Today, we are a leading global electronic market maker employing more than 1100 Optiverians with over 40 nationalities in Amsterdam, Chicago, Sydney, London and Shanghai. We have become a leading global electronic market maker in many markets primarily by excelling in Trading and Tech. In order to support and continue this growth path we have to continuously optimise and improve our business support functions, such as Finance. With the goal to enable our business and to keep growing at a high pace.
The Finance team provides reliable and timely management information that lays the foundation to drive business decisions at Optiver. Currently, the team consists of eleven finance professionals who are responsible for accounting, controlling and (regulatory) reporting. Although each team member may focus on specific topics, we work together to achieve our goals, supporting each other on a daily basis. Your role will be a combination of managing financial closing processes, impactful projects and hands-on accounting and reporting tasks. In close collaboration with our other financial accountants and controllers, you will help Optiver bring the Finance team to the next level.
As we are strong believers of continuous development of both the organisation and individuals it is also our goal to further improve the team dynamics. Ultimately forging a team that is self-sufficient in its daily operations and continuously provides its own natural successors for all positions. Providing a learning and growth experience from both a technical capabilities and a soft skills perspective for all team members.
What you’ll do:
- Manage the month and year end closing processes and structure team workload;
- Prepare financial analyses;
- Play a key role in the development of junior team members;
- Monitor and manage specific accounting processes;
- Prepare and maintain accounting policies and procedures;
- Develop and strengthen internal controls over financial reporting;
- Provide assistance to other departments on financial and accounting matters – act as a point of contact;
- Contribute from a financial perspective to business projects and initiatives.
What you’ll need to be successful
- A bachelor or master’s degree, preferably in Accounting or Economics;
- 4-6 years of experience in a similar position;
- An innovative mindset with focus on process automation;
- Ability to work independently and kick-start improvements;
- Great written and verbal communication skills in English;
- Eagerness to further develop project management, coaching and analytical skills;
- Ability to apply international accounting standards in various fields such as intercompany, subsidiary and lease accounting;
- Experience with financial ERP systems (e.g. NetSuite);
- Interest in financial markets, knowledge of derivatives (options, futures) is a plus.
What you can expect from us
An energetic and collaborative work culture with ambitious, down-to-earth colleagues. We constantly ask ourselves how to do better, which creates a stimulating and fun environment. Take a look at this short video to learn more about our core values.
Next to a competitive salary and excellent benefits, you will get the support and tools to develop your skills on the job so that you feel empowered to be at your best. Benefits include training opportunities, fully paid first-class commuting expenses, a premium-free pension, breakfast and lunch facilities and many more. We also provide relocation assistance.
Interested in working at Optiver?
Please apply directly via the form below by uploading your CV and a Cover Letter in English. If you have any questions, feel free to contact Claire van Raay via [email protected].
If you are selected from your application to proceed to the next round for the position of Financial Controller, you will be required to take an online assessment. Additionally, visa requirements apply for non-EU applicants.
Kindly note that we do not require any assistance from third-parties including agencies in the recruitment of this role.