At Optiver the pursuit of performance never stops. We leverage the most advanced technology so that we have the fastest and most reliable systems to ensure Optiver’s success.
Our FPGA team is a perfect example of how this works in practice. We enable our engineers to use the latest technologies, techniques, and hardware to accelerate our trading platforms. We need well-engineered solutions and creative thinking around the whole system, which keeps the FPGA team fully engaged.
Furthermore, our engineers own the entire development pipeline, covering idea generation, development, testing, deployment, and monitoring. Similar to software teams, we iterate and release new versions of our platform multiple times a week.
Read more about what it’s like to work in the FPGA team at Optiver in the interview with one of our engineers: https://www.optiver.com/na/en/events/fpga-spotlight
What you’ll do
- Work in a team of FPGA hardware and software engineers designing and maintaining our proprietary trading systems
- Produce highly-reliable FPGA designs with a no-compromise attitude toward securing the lowest latency possible
- Have a direct impact on the success of our trading strategies
- Help define the evolution of our hardware platform
- Find simple solutions to complex problems
- Participate in a respectful and friendly engineering environment focused on continuous improvement
What you’ll need
- A university degree, preferably in Electronic Engineering or Computer Engineering
- Digital academic design experience with FPGAs or ASICs
- Academic Experience in VHDL, Verilog, or SystemVerilog
- An open, collaborative, self-critical attitude and willingness to learn from your mistakes
- A desire to understand how the systems you build fit into our trading activities
Your first months
We invest a lot of effort making sure that our Engineers understand all aspects of our role in the markets. To start with, we’ll offer you a “Trading for non-Traders” program that will provide you with all the necessary knowledge. While we don’t expect any previous experience in trading, we expect you to have a strong motivation and interest in solving problems within this domain. During the first months, you’ll also learn the ins and outs of our trading systems and the engineering principles that underpin our decision making. With your solid engineering background, you should be able to spot areas for improvements from the very beginning.
What you can expect from us
At Optiver, we have a very flat structure. We work extremely closely with our stakeholders, often working as a single team to solve Optiver’s problems. Individually, you are very highly empowered to deliver significant changes, with the support of your team and your leaders. Above all we value the passion of our technical team and foster a collaborative and innovative working environment which nurtures brilliant minds. Take a look at this short video to learn more about core values.
We strive to bring out the best in our people and in return we are fortunate enough to have a great package of benefits. We also provide relocation assistance.
Interested in working at Optiver?
Please apply for the role via the form below and provide us with a CV & cover letter in English. If you have any questions, feel free to contact Serena Riccomagno at [email protected]