We’re looking for a highly passionate and driven Learning & Development specialist to lead our Leadership Development strategy and build leadership capability across the APAC region over the next 12 months.
Working directly with our extremely passionate people leaders, you will train, develop and coach them to be highly effective leaders who can build high performing and engaged teams across Optiver.
Who we are
Optiver is a leading global electronic market maker, focused on pricing, execution, and risk management. From our offices in Amsterdam, Chicago, London, Shanghai and Sydney, we provide liquidity to financial markets using our own capital, at our own risk, trading a wide range of products: from listed derivatives, cash equities, ETFs and bonds to foreign exchange.
We have a performance-driven culture and continually strive for enhanced knowledge, improved systems and streamlined processes. We are passionate about creating value for the business and supporting the continued success of Optiver. We believe in people with ideas who challenge the status quo and want to help you reach your potential. We also have an extensive list of amazing perks, designed to keep our employees happy and healthy while they work.
What you'll do
As the Leadership and Learning Manager, you’ll be responsible for driving and executing the Optiver Leadership Development strategy end to end. You’ll support, advise and coach leaders to drive our ambitious growth strategy. Partnering with senior stakeholders in the business and HR Business Partners, you will design and deliver bespoke learning solutions to solve critical business problems and support Optiver to build a strong pipeline of current and future leaders. You will:
- Design leadership sessions utilising the latest leadership models / concepts and tailoring to Optiver
- Facilitate leadership training to all leaders across APAC region
- Support leaders with their leadership development goals and embed learning through one on one coaching
- Train and build the leadership capabilities of new and upcoming leaders
- Work with stakeholders and HRBPs to identify high potential leaders in order to build a strong talent pipeline
- Measure impact of learning initiatives and collect data on leadership improvements and progress
- Advise on opportunities and improvements to the current leadership strategy and initiatives
- Advise the Leadership Team on your opinions of leader capability, suitability and progress
- Champion the team culture of high performance, growth mindset and leadership excellence
Who you are
You’ll be a motivated leader who is passionate about behavioral change and seeing growth in others. You have an inherent passion to learn, willingness to challenge the status quo and strong business acumen that helps you tailor solutions to the business context. This is your opportunity to make a real impact to our business and build the most important aspect that is key to the success of Optiver, our people.
- 12+ years of learning and development experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Psychology or equivalent experience
- Extensive knowledge in instructional design, adult learning principles and the latest in leadership methodologies and concepts
- Proven experience in design and facilitation of leadership training and workshops
- Experience coaching and developing leaders and high potential employees
- Ability to partner with HRBPs and business stakeholders to understand business problems and advise on leadership solutions
- Continuously learning and keeps close to industry trends but is business focused to provide solutions that are fit for purpose
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, influencing, negotiation skills and can partner with individuals across all levels both internally and externally
- Ability to constructively question the status quo, and propose constructive and creative ideas to address observed gaps
What you'll get
We believe in people with ideas who challenge the status quo and want to help you reach your potential. We have an extensive list of amazing benefits, designed to keep our employees happy and healthy while they work. You will get the support and tools to develop your skills on the job so that you feel empowered to be at your best. Benefits include breakfast and lunch facilities, training opportunities, gym membership and many more.
At Optiver we believe that great ideas and impact can come from anyone – that each person is different and has their own background, perspectives and unique experiences that can add to Optiver’s success. Having an inclusive culture is important to us, we want to be a place where people feel like they belong, where they can show up and do their best work and be their authentic self. We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.