WHO WE ARE:
Optiver is a proprietary trading firm and leading global market maker. As one of the oldest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner of 50+ exchanges across the globe. Our mission is to constantly improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilizing force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for everyone who participates.
Since its establishment in 2012, our Shanghai office is a rapidly growing participant in the Chinese markets, trading exchange-listed futures, options and equities in China mainland. Our vision is to become the trusted partner in the development of Chinese financial markets. With the culture of a start-up but the backing of a 35-year-old trading firm, the Optiver Shanghai office is truly unique. Embodying the intersection of East-meets-West values, Optiver Shanghai is a true international experience. Everyone who joins us will help shape the future of our company and its global impact. Get ready: we are only just beginning.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Reporting to the China IT Head, you will provide the opportunity by:
- IT Procurement Management: Oversee daily procurement, working with technical teams, Legal, Finance and vendors to purchase routine hardware, software, and services in a standardized fashion. Track renewals of recurring spend to facilitate timely contract review and execution. Lead proactive communication with internal stakeholders with updates on expected timelines and progress of purchase requests.
- Regular Inventory Management: Drive continuous inventory management by developing our inventory system tool and working with Finance to improve assets settlement.
- Strategic Sourcing, Negotiation & Contracting Methodology: Create and run competitive sourcing events to solicit best pricing and terms from vendors. This will include working with internal stakeholders throughout the sourcing process by coordinating internal and external participation and communication. Ensure price competitiveness of quotes by soliciting bids from other vendors and reviewing against past purchases of similar goods and services. Review business terms to ensure quote/contracts from vendors match contracting standards.
- Vendor Relationship Management: Conduct regular vendor performance reviews to identify areas to improve service and transparency with highest spend vendors. Work with vendors to remediate any issues in the supply chain that may impact goods and service fulfillment.
WHO YOU ARE:
- In-depth procurement, commercial and negotiation experience with an IT focus
- 5+ years of experience working at a financial services or IT organization would be a plus, but also open to other industries
- Strong analytical and relationship management skills and attention to detail
- High level of discipline and accountability for results
- Able to independently find issues and solutions, but is also a team player
- Good verbal and written communication
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
- The chance to work alongside best-in-class professionals
- Training, mentorship and personal development opportunities
- Competitive compensation package, office breakfast, lunch, snacks etc.
- Sponsored gym membership, sports and leisure activities, plus weekly in-house chair massages
- Regular social events, clubs and Friday afternoon drinks
HOW TO APPLY:
If you’re interested in taking your career to one of the most exciting trading floors in China mainland, apply now via our website: www.optiver.com. While we love how bilingual our teams are, be sure to submit your resume in English.
We will carefully review your application against our recruitment criteria. If we think you could be a good fit, you’ll hear from us sooner than you might expect!
For any other inquiries, please email: [email protected]