An exciting opportunity now exists for a self-motivated, ambitious individual with at least 5 years’ experience to join the Product Control team as the organisation continues to grow and the team’s involvement in all facets of the business expands.
WHO WE ARE:
Optiver is a leading global electronic market maker, focused on pricing, execution and risk management. We provide liquidity to financial markets using our own capital, at our own risk, trading a wide range of products: listed derivatives, cash equities, ETFs, bonds and foreign currencies. Sydney is the hub of Optiver’s APAC operations and support trading activities in Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Singapore and China. Optiver is proud of its unique organisational culture, which is simultaneously low on formality and bureaucracy and highly focused on performance and innovation
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Reporting to Head of Product Control. In this broad and exciting role, your main responsibilities will include:
- Accountability for the design, execution and operating assurance of all trading book independent valuation controls.
- Driving the Valuation Control agenda across the organisation, ensuring new and emerging risks in our various products and markets are identified, escalated and managed appropriately.
- Applying your knowledge of financial products and accounting standards to ensure correct valuation and accounting of financial instruments on the balance sheet.
- Partnering with Traders and other stakeholders to ensure valuation verification is adequately addressed in all new business activities.
- Driving various technology and automation initiatives through the Product Control team, working collaboratively with technology teams.
- Leading the broader Product Control team on key initiatives and contributing to the active learnings and development of future control talent in the team.
WHO YOU ARE:
You will have had several years’ (5+) experience working in a Valuation, Market Risk or Product Control role with demonstrated subject matter expertise in valuation, risk management and accounting for all types of financial instruments.
To be considered, you should possess:
- A Finance or related bachelor’s degree
- CA/CPA or international equivalent
- Supplementary qualifications in Financial Instruments, Risk Management, CFA or similar
- A strong understanding of the fundamentals of valuation, risk management and accounting for exchange and over the counter cash and derivative financial instruments.
- An innate drive to succeed and collaborate with high performing individuals
- Strong data analysis and problem-solving capabilities in various applications, excel, vba, various BI tools, SQL, python
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
We believe in people with ideas who challenge the status quo and want to help you reach your potential. We have an extensive list of amazing benefits, designed to keep our employees happy and healthy while they work. You will get the support and tools to develop your skills on the job so that you feel empowered to be at your best. Benefits include breakfast and lunch facilities, training opportunities, gym membership and many more.