An exciting opportunity now exists for a self-motivated, ambitious individual with at least 2 years’ experience to join the Product Control team as the organisation continues to grow and the team’s involvement in all facets of the business expands.
WHO WE ARE:
Optiver is a leading global electronic market maker, focused on pricing, execution and risk management. We provide liquidity to financial markets using our own capital, at our own risk, trading a wide range of products: listed derivatives, cash equities, ETFs, bonds and foreign currencies. Sydney is the hub of Optiver’s APAC operations and support trading activities in Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Singapore and China. Optiver is proud of its unique organisational culture, which is simultaneously low on formality and bureaucracy and highly focused on performance and innovation
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Reporting to the Middle Office Manager, you will complement team by:
- Accountability for the execution and reporting of daily P&L though validation and ownership of the trading balance sheet, in-line with Product Control policy.
- Developing knowledge of financial products and desk trading strategies, ensuring the continued development and maintenance of appropriate internal control structures.
- Ensuring trading positions and valuations are appropriately recorded and substantiated to independent source information;
- Supporting trading with ad hoc requests and financial analysis.
- Ensuring trading brokerage is correctly accounted for and managing relationships with key external brokers.
WHO YOU ARE:
The role will suit a person with a keen interest in the financial markets, ideally seeking to broaden their exposure or commence a career in financial services. Possessing 1-3-years’ experience in an accounting or finance environment.
- CA/CPA equivalent, or working towards
- A finance or business-related degree
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- A risk & control mindset
- Achievements in process improvements and a value-add mentality
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
We believe in people with ideas who challenge the status quo and want to help you reach your potential. We have an extensive list of amazing benefits, designed to keep our employees happy and healthy while they work. You will get the support and tools to develop your skills on the job so that you feel empowered to be at your best. Benefits include breakfast and lunch facilities, training opportunities, gym membership and many more.