WHO WE ARE:
Optiver is a proprietary trading firm and leading global market maker. As one of the oldest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner of 50+ exchanges across the globe. Our mission is to constantly improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilizing force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for everyone who participates.
Since its establishment in 2012, our Shanghai office is a rapidly growing participant in the Chinese markets, trading exchange-listed futures, options and equities in China mainland. Our vision is to become the trusted partner in the development of Chinese financial markets. With the culture of a start-up but the backing of a 35-year-old trading firm, the Optiver Shanghai office is truly unique. Embodying the intersection of East-meets-West values, Optiver Shanghai is a true international experience. Everyone who joins us will help shape the future of our company and its global impact. Get ready: we are only just beginning.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Reporting to the China Finance Manager, you will complement team by:
- Manage month end and year end closing to fulfil both internal reporting under IFRS and external statutory reporting
- Prepare monthly local management reporting pack and provide cause of change commentary and insights
- Support the preparation of annual budget and quarterly reforecasts
- Prepare intercompany transactions and reconcile with stakeholders in other offices
- Preparation of monthly reports and filing to various government bodies such as tax return filing, statistics reporting
- Taking lead in audits, include both internal and external
- Ability to challenge the current status quo and take leadership to drive improvement
- Well manage the relationship with local tax bureau, government officers, banks and service providers
WHO YOU ARE:
- High competency in verbal and written English
- Open-minded and dynamic with excellent communication skills
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience in accounting, preferably in multinational corporation/financial industry
- Finance/Accounting degree and a professional accounting qualification (CPA, ACCA etc.)
- Ability to work independently and take initiative to define and resolve problems
- Strong internal control mindset
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
- The chance to work alongside best-in-class professionals
- Training, mentorship and personal development opportunities
- Competitive compensation package, office breakfast, lunch, snacks etc.
- Sponsored gym membership, sports and leisure activities, plus weekly in-house chair massages
- Regular social events, clubs and Friday afternoon drinks
HOW TO APPLY:
If you’re interested in taking your career to one of the most exciting trading floors in China mainland, apply now via our website: www.optiver.com. While we love how bilingual our teams are, be sure to submit your resume in English.
We will carefully review your application against our recruitment criteria. If we think you could be a good fit, you’ll hear from us sooner than you might expect!
For any other inquiries, please email: [email protected]