Who we are:
Optiver is a leading global electronic market maker, trading in financial instruments for our own account. We provide liquidity to financial markets using our own capital, at our own risk, trading a wide range of products: listed derivatives, OTC’s, cash equities, ETFs, commodities and foreign currencies.
We have ambitious growth plans in terms of trading existing products and strategies for larger size, entering new markets and asset classes, accessing more sources of trade flows, expanding our physical presence into new locations and growing our workforce to cater for this.
Our mission statement “we improve the market” guides us as we seek excellence in pricing, trade execution and risk management to grow sustainably.
The Operational and Procedural Manager is an enabler for the business by bringing strong knowledge and experience in Operational and Procedural Risk Management to work with directors, senior traders, engineers and control staff to ultimately strengthen our understanding and management of risk within the Group's appetite.
Working alongside all departments, primarily the Trading department:
- Challenge existing risk identification and mitigation, as well as possess a key capacity to consider emerging risks.
- Drive the continued development of an overarching Risk and Control framework, improving the maturity of risk identification, escalation, assessment and remediation processes in those areas.
- Lead the Risk Management & Assurance strategy across APAC, ensuring best in class assurance practices are deployed in the organisation.
- Analysing and evaluating current systems across all departments and providing recommendations
- Collaborate with the senior department members and the ORM team by promoting a challenging risk dialogue, driving a risk first culture which allows for emerging issues to be discussed, debated and addressed in a timely manner.
- Opine on the reporting and investigation of risk incidents, ensuring, in partnership with risk owners, that those outside accepted risk appetite are sufficiently escalated and remediated.
- Advise Head of Department on our risk management performance, how we can structurally improve and be part of the implementation. Consider people, processes, systems, team structures, governance etc.
- Develop and set priorities for junior team members.
- Remit covers all markets traded from APAC offices which include Japan, Korea, Hong Kong, Taiwan, China.
What you’ll need
- 7 years+ in a Trading role at a market maker or investment bank.
- Domain expertise of Trading and Risk Management.
- Deep understanding of Trading related risks in our industry.
- Excellent problem solving & analytical skills;
- Exposure to different strategies, asset classes, markets and the trading risks specific to them.
- Able to understand and optimise complex processes with a strong focus on internal controls.
- Proven ability to influence a diverse set of stakeholders
- Ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders while challenging the status quo.
- Ability to relatively quickly assess a broad range of risks and form a conviction in which areas deeper exploration is required.
- Knowledge of and passion for external trends and best practices related to risk in our industry.