Quantitative Researcher Summer Intern
Our quantitative researcher summer internship is the perfect opportunity for you to gain exposure to a real-life trading floor. Expand your knowledge of the financial markets and solve some challenging problems that could impact the way we trade. If you’ve excelled over the summer and shown us your potential, you will receive an offer to join us as a graduate Quantitative Researcher!
WHO WE ARE:
Optiver is a proprietary trading firm and leading global market maker. As one of the oldest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner of 50+ exchanges across the globe. Our mission is to constantly improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilising force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for everyone who participates.
Since its establishment in 2012, our Shanghai office is a rapidly growing participant in the Chinese markets, trading exchange-listed futures, options and equities in China mainland. Our vision is to become the trusted partner in the development of Chinese financial markets. With the culture of a start-up but the backing of a 35 year-old trading firm, the Optiver Shanghai office is truly unique. Embodying the intersection of East-meets-West values, Optiver Shanghai is a true international experience. Everyone who joins us will help shape the future of our company and its global impact. Get ready: we are only just beginning.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Quantitative Researchers are responsible for the accuracy of our core pricing models and work closely with traders to analyse and improve all facets of our trading strategies. Specifically, you will
- Perform extensive analysis on our vast arrays of data to research and implement new alphas
- Support and improve our existing quantitative trading models used by a variety of trading teams
- Develop risk management and portfolio optimization tools to improve our execution algorithm
- Collaborate with developers to test and drive changes to our trading system that will improve our ability to make successful trades.
- Keep up-to-date on the latest development of new models and technologies
As a QR Intern, you will be working with our quantitative researchers and traders on the real-life research/trading projects which could impact the way we trade!
WHO YOU ARE:
- Masters/PhDs who will graduate in or after 2023
- Major in a highly quantitative field
- Strong knowledge of probability and statistics, experience in machine learning and time-series analysis is a big plus
- Proficiency in Python programming
- Experience in working with large datasets
- Both self-motivated contributor and a team player, with an entrepreneurial attitude and hunger for success
- Interest in the trading/quantitative finance industry
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
- The chance to work alongside best-in-class professionals
- Training, mentorship and personal development opportunities
- Competitive internship salary, free accommodation, office breakfast, lunch, snacks etc.
- Sponsored gym membership, sports and leisure activities, plus weekly in-house chair massages
- Regular social events, clubs and Friday afternoon drinks
HOW TO APPLY:
If you’re interested in taking your career to one of the most exciting trading floors in China mainland, apply now till October 11th 2021 via our website: www.optiver.com . While we love how bilingual our teams are, be sure to submit the below application materials in English:
- Cover letter (optional)
- Academic transcripts, including Bachelors, Masters and PhDs if any
We will carefully review your application against our recruitment criteria. If we think you could be a good fit, you’ll hear from us sooner than you might expect!
For any other inquiries, please email: [email protected]