Trading Summer Intern
Our trading summer internship is the perfect opportunity for you to gain exposure to a real-life trading floor. Expand your knowledge of the financial markets and solve some challenging problems that could impact the way we trade. If you’ve excelled over the summer and shown us your potential, you will receive an offer to join us as a graduate Trader!
WHO WE ARE:
Optiver is a proprietary trading firm and leading global market maker. As one of the oldest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner of 50+ exchanges across the globe. Our mission is to constantly improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilising force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for everyone who participates.
Since its establishment in 2012, our Shanghai office is a rapidly growing participant in the Chinese markets, trading exchange-listed futures, options and equities in China mainland. Our vision is to become the trusted partner in the development of Chinese financial markets. With the culture of a start-up but the backing of a 35 year-old trading firm, the Optiver Shanghai office is truly unique. Embodying the intersection of East-meets-West values, Optiver Shanghai is a true international experience. Everyone who joins us will help shape the future of our company and its global impact. Get ready: we are only just beginning.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
As a Trader, you will use mathematical modelling and algorithms to determine the ‘real value’ of the financial products we trade. You’ll then provide the market with prices at which they can trade. The elusive and constantly evolving nature of ‘real value’ will provide you with new challenges each and every day. Besides, you’ll develop tools, conduct analysis or work on larger scale projects to improve both your own and the team’s trading. As a Trading Intern, you will be working with our traders on the real-life trading projects which could impact the way we trade!
WHO YOU ARE:
- Bachelors/Masters/PhDs who will graduate in or after 2023
- Major in Quantitative Finance, Econometrics, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Chemistry, Actuarial Studies, Engineering, Computer Science, etc.
- A real passion for quantitative problems
- Critical thinking and the courage to challenge the status quo
- Hungry to learn and to understand why
- A thirst for success and eagerness to constantly improve
- Fluency in English
- Computer programming skills are not required but definitely a plus
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
- The chance to work alongside best-in-class professionals
- Training, mentorship and personal development opportunities
- Competitive internship salary, free accommodation, office breakfast, lunch, snacks etc.
- Sponsored gym membership, sports and leisure activities, plus weekly in-house chair massages
- Regular social events, clubs and Friday afternoon drinks
HOW TO APPLY:
If you’re interested in taking your career to one of the most exciting trading floors in China mainland, apply now till October 11th 2021 via our website: www.optiver.com . While we love how bilingual our teams are, be sure to submit the below application materials in English:
- Cover letter (optional)
- Academic transcripts, including Bachelors, Masters and PhDs if any
We will carefully review your application against our recruitment criteria. If we think you could be a good fit, you’ll hear from us sooner than you might expect!
For any other inquiries, please email: [email protected]