Who we are:
Optiver is a leading global proprietary trading firm. We provide the most up-to-date and competitive prices to anyone wanting to buy or sell financial instruments. Achieving this requires excellence in everything we do. We constantly look for opportunities to advance and improve our pricing, trade execution, and risk management. This rigorous approach helps us realize our mission each and every day: improve the market
We have a performance-driven culture and continually strive for enhanced knowledge, innovative problem solving and streamlined systems and processes. We are passionate about creating value for the business and supporting the continued success of Optiver. We believe in people with ideas who challenge the status quo and want to help you reach your potential.
What you’ll do:
Reporting to the Finance Manager, you will complement team by:
- Ensuring compliance with the risk and control framework
- Identifying improvement in processes, controls and workpapers, and ensuring these are well documented
- Day to day accounting entries, calculations and journal entries
- Ensuring accurate and efficient month end close, including trial balance review and commentary
- Building and maintaining monthly / quarterly analysis, reporting and relationship building with key stakeholders in the wider company.
- Production of the annual budget / plan
- Preparing balance sheet reconciliations and investigating accounting or transactional anomalies
- Monthly preparation of tax calculations in partnership with the Tax team (including income tax, GST, FBT)
- Applying best practice to preparation of the annual financial statements for various entities
- Supporting group reporting and the external audit process
- Contribute to various projects and technology change initiatives
What you’ll need:
You’ll have a keen interest in financial markets and wish to broaden your experience in financial services. With at least 5 years’ professional experience you will be able to provide clear examples of operating successfully in a fast-paced environment, driving change programs and advising on internal controls, technical accounting, management accounting and regulatory issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Commerce or Business;
- CA/CPA qualified or working towards
- 5+ years’ experience in financial control / FP&A
- Experience with accounting systems (NetSuite experience is a plus)
- Advanced Excel Skills and proficient in other data manipulation tools