WHO WE ARE
Optiver is a proprietary trading firm and leading global market maker. As one of the oldest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner of 50+ exchanges across the globe. Our mission is to constantly improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilising force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for everyone who participates. Optiver’s Sydney office is one of the primary players within Asian markets, trading a range of products. As an active participant on the Hong Kong, Korea, Singapore, Taiwan and Japan exchanges, we act as Optiver’s APAC head office. Since 1996, our Sydney location has gone from five traders to more than 300 driven, dedicated team members from all over the world.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
As a member of the Production Engineering team at Optiver, you'll be working with passionate and curious colleagues who thrive on solving complex problems. Our industry is fast moving and innovative, and so are we. As a Trading Systems Support Engineer, you’ll ensure our low-latency trading system never misses a great trade. You’ll support our trading system as part of a global team, ensuring trading is done safely. You’ll co-ordinate incidents, deep diving into technical issues to understand why things break, driving change to ensure we don’t see the same issue twice, and automating away manual tasks.
- Monitor and support the trading platform, owning the responsibility of ensuring trading activities are conducted safely and under control.
- Coordinate and manage incidents across the environment and own the post-incident follow up.
- You’ll serve as a check-and-balance against the development teams, using data to identify where our biggest operational problems are.
- Investigate, troubleshoot and resolve issues that arise from production environment.
- Continuously drive improvement in the trading platform in a wide range of areas, including performance, capacity, monitoring and deployment.
- Automate manual workflows while maintaining safe control.
WHO YOU ARE
- You have solid experience in a hands-on support role (L2/L3) supporting complex distributed systems on Linux, preferably in the financial industry.
- You are systematic and thorough in the way you operate and drive to identify improvements in the systems you manage.
- You have a good understanding of networking, build & deployment and version control.
- You have experience reading code and can develop basic Python or shell scripts to help with automation and analysis.
- You have experience in managing production incidents in a fast-paced environment.
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- You will work in a high performance and stimulating environment, where you are seriously rewarded for your impact.
- We offer competitive remuneration, including: an attractive bonus structure and additional leave entitlements.
- Training, mentorship and personal development opportunities.
- Gym membership plus weekly in-house chair massages.
- Breakfast and lunch facilities.
- Regular social events including annual company trip.
- A work-from-home allowance and support.
- Guided relocation, a competitive relocation package and visa sponsorship where necessary.
As an intentionally flat organisation, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued and respected, because we believe our best work is done together.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process. We encourage applications from candidates from any and all backgrounds, and we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities.