Optiver is a leading, technology-driven, proprietary trading firm. We've traded the world's most competitive markets for over 35 years, having grown from a single trader on the floor of Amsterdam's European Option Exchange, to over 1000 employees across Amsterdam, Chicago, London, Shanghai & Sydney. Every day our pioneering trading strategies and systems make millions of trading decisions, each guided by our mission to improve the market.
As a member of the Engineering team at Optiver you'll be working with passionate and curious colleagues who thrive on solving complex problems. Our industry is fast moving and innovative, and so are we. No matter if you're changing a trading or pricing engine, improving the performance of our end of day PnL calculation or low-latency connectivity gateway, you can build can build something in the morning and see it in production that afternoon.
We're looking for a full stack engineer to join our Execution Research team to help build the next generation of tools to process and visualise data that is critical to our trading strategies. We identify the most competitive trades, and then make sure we're the ones who win the race. As a member of the team you'll work directly with traders, researchers and other engineers to design, build and operate unique visualisations, interactive tools and the backend to support them.
What you'll do
- Work closely with our research team to develop unique interactive tools and GUI's for visualising and analysing operations in our trading systems and in exchange systems at nanosecond level of precision.
- Build API's for a variety of clients, some fetching years of data, others a few milliseconds.
- Play a fundamental role in developing and improving both streaming and batched data infrastructure. With huge amounts of data processed each day, we want to build a world-class platform for our researchers and traders to be able to make data-driven decisions. We need you to help us write, scale and monitor these systems.
- Take a large number of dashboards, and tools to display business KPI's and consolidate them into a single-purpose portal for all of our trading and research teams.
Who you are
- Experience writing interactive browser applications with rich GUIs, and integrating them with a backend.
- You have worked with databases, SQL or NoSQL, and understand the fundamentals of designing and managing data schemas.
- Motivated to understand and improve tooling and a focus on business outcomes first.
- Experience in Python data tooling (Pandas, Numpy, SciPy) and interest in finance a bonus.
What we offer
- Strong collaboration
- Autonomy and responsibility
- Generous benefits
- Leadership and growth opportunities
Our flat structure makes it easier to get things done. Everyone is empowered to deliver significant changes, supported by your team and your leaders. We value people who are committed to always delivering their best work, so we give people the autonomy to deliver solutions and direct their own career.