OVER 30 YEARS AGO, Optiver started business as a single trader on the floor of Amsterdam’s European Options Exchange. Today, united by a company mission to improve the market, we are a leading global electronic proprietary trading firm with more than 1000 employees.
Our Shanghai office is growing fast!
We established our Shanghai office in 2012, with a company vision of being the trusted partner in the development of Chinese financial markets. We have already established a firm foothold by being a leading market participant on China’s commodity exchanges. We will continue to be Optiver’s fastest growing office and are on the lookout for outstanding individuals to join our team.
About the Team & Position
Middle Office is an independent control department that ensures the integrity of trading positions and accuracy of P&L reporting. You will be part of a small and collaborative team responsible for validating positions and valuations on a daily basis.
Middle Office provides the link between our Front Office (trading) and our Back Office (clearing and finance), and thus requires a strong understanding of financial instruments including their settlement and clearing processes, and trading strategies as well as accounting concepts. We also work closely with Risk, Finance, and IT developers, and perform ad hoc projects using excel, python, SQL and other tools.
The essence of the daily role requires:
a) Reconciling trades, closing positions, valuations, between trading and clearers for each trading day
b) Working on projects with IT developers for reconciliation system development and procedure improvement to enhance team’s work efficiency and effectiveness
c) Reporting and explaining the daily trading P&L
d) Data analysis on month-end reports, and other ad hoc projects
e) Monthly trading P&L accounting close in GL system
- Fluent in both Chinese and English, able to communicate confidently in business environment
- 2 to 5 years’ experience in either Product Control, Financial Control, Risk management or a similar type of roles for trading firms or financial engineering firms; banks or investment funds
- Excellent Excel skills; experience of VBA, Python, SQL would be a plus
- An understanding of derivative products, cash market products, accounting concepts and control function
- Interest in pursuing a career in Financial markets
- Interest in Risk and P&L analysis, problem solving, process and system improvements
Optiver's culture is truly unique; we see ourselves as one team that gets to solve some of the most interesting problems. We have a friendly and relaxing culture where we prefer casual dress over suits and ties. To chat about the role, our culture or the incredible perks that we offer, apply now and our talent team will be in touch!