OVER 30 YEARS AGO, Optiver started business as a single trader on the floor of Amsterdam’s European Options Exchange. Today, united by a company mission to improve the market, we are a leading global electronic proprietary trading firm with more than 1000 employees.
Our Shanghai office is growing fast!
We established our Shanghai office in 2012, with a company vision of being the trusted partner in the development of Chinese financial markets. We have already established a firm foothold by being a leading market participant on China’s commodity exchanges. We will continue to be Optiver’s fastest growing office and are on the lookout for outstanding individuals to join our team.
About the Team & Position
China Compliance team is responsible for the overall compliance framework for all Optiver business activities in Mainland China. As a compliance officer, you will work within a team of experienced compliance professionals and will be offered a unique insight into the inner workings of Optiver. You will be responsible for supporting the business in ensuring compliance with applicable rules and regulations, and will be responsible for:
- Analyse trading data and market data to conduct due diligence/investigation for the unwanted behaviours/exceptions and assess potential risks
- Review internally designed surveillance tools and reports and collaborate with Compliance IT to maintain and build internal reports
- Assist Surveillance Manager in maintaining and creating compliance tools and reports
- Monitor regulator and exchanges’ rules and regulations development and be able to interpret and advise the rules to the business
- Conduct routine compliance tests to ensure compliance related controls are effective
- Develop deep understanding of our Compliance Team objectives and functions
- Provide strong support to daily compliance operations and internal controls
- A minimum of 2-6 years related working experience in financial institutions, including futures firms/security firms/investment firms/banks, in legal, compliance, trading surveillance, auditing functions
- Good knowledge of internal control requirements and general compliance operations
- A detail-oriented and analytical mindset
- High integrity and professional ethics; good team player
- Self-motivation – ability to manage and prioritize multiple on-going projects in fast paced and dynamic environment
- Proficient in MS Office – strong capabilities in Word and Excel. VBA, Python will be a plus
- Good written and verbal communications skills in English
- Bachelor’s degree or above, major in law, accounting, or a related field
- Professional certifications (e.g. CAMS, Securities/Futures/Funds Qualification Certificate) is a plus
In return for your sourcing prowess, you will be offered a competitive salary package as well as access to a plethora of Optiver-perks. To hear more about what it is like to work here and our great culture, apply now and take the first step towards the best career move you will ever make!