Optiver is a leading proprietary trading firm driven by technology with over one thousand employees globally. We pioneer our own trading strategies and systems using clean code and sophisticated technology, running a global network with thousands of high-performance low-latency applications that solve problems in nanoseconds.
Our Shanghai office is growing fast!
We established our Shanghai office in 2012, with a company vision of being the trusted partner in the development of Chinese financial markets. We have already established a firm foothold by being a leading market participant on China’s commodity exchanges. We will continue to be Optiver’s fastest growing office.
What you will do
We have an agile and high-performing technical environment that encourages people to adopt new approaches and learn new technologies. We are now looking for a senior Quantitative Engineer to join the China research platform team to solve both data scientific and technical problems. This role will collaborate closely with researchers & traders to build out the research platform that drives that growth. Your responsibilities included:
- Closely collaborate with researchers and traders on new experiments, new capabilities and new data sources
- Design and implement improvements to optimise researcher productivity and quality
- Blend your own development expertise with the best open source frameworks and tools
- Drive experimental rigour through repeatable processes on assured data
- Diagnose and resolve any unexpected operational issues
- Leverage cloud infrastructure to solve substantial challenges in computational and data scale
- Integrate to internal & external data sources
What you will need
- A decent level of Python development ability, experience with scientific Python stack (e.g. Pandas, Numpy and SciPy) is highly desirable.
- Proficient in designing and implementing distributed systems.
- Experience with engineering business critical real-time ETL pipelines.
- Outstanding communication skills. You’re able to coordinate with multiple stakeholder groups, challenging thinking and obtaining buy-in.
- Experience working with quantitative trading and financial markets data, and in quantitative areas, such as data analysis & machine learning is a plus.
What you can expect from us
In return for you joining our elite team, you will be offered a competitive salary package as well as access to a plethora of Optiver-perks. To hear more about what it is like to work here and our great culture, apply now and take the first step towards the best career move you will ever make!