Who we are:
Optiver is a leading global proprietary trading firm. We provide the most up-to-date and competitive prices to anyone wanting to buy or sell financial instruments. Achieving this requires excellence in everything we do. We constantly look for opportunities to advance and improve our pricing, trade execution, and risk management. This rigorous approach helps us realize our mission each and every day: improve the market.
We have a performance-driven culture and continually strive for enhanced knowledge, innovative problem solving and streamlined systems and processes. We are passionate about creating value for the business and supporting the continued success of Optiver. We believe in people with ideas who challenge the status quo and want to help you reach your potential.
What you’ll do:
Reporting to Head of ORM, you will complement team by:
- Contribute to the continued development of an overarching Risk and Control framework, improving the maturity of risk identification, escalation, assessment and remediation processes in those areas.
- Contribute to the Risk Management & Assurance strategy across APAC, ensuring best in class assurance practices are deployed in the organisation.
- Contribute to the Risk Assurance activities, ensuring reviews are completed to the highest standard, in depth analyses are undertaken and control owners deliver on accountabilities, all with the objective of elevating risk management effectiveness.
- Reporting and investigation of risk incidents, ensuring, in partnership with risk owners, that those outside accepted risk appetite are sufficiently escalated and remediated.
- Collaborate with team leads and promote a challenging risk dialogue, driving a risk first culture
- Forge strong and effective relationships with your key stakeholders, while challenging the status quo with respect to risk management in those groups.
- Collaborate with 1st line (in-business) ORM Trading and IT SME's to align on strategic direction for our control framework
What you’ll need:
- A relevant bachelor’s degree.
- Experience in ORM, Audit or risk management, with a specific focus on Assurance work, ideally 5+ years in internal audit, or risk advisory
- Exposure to Trading and/or IT related risks
- Excellent problem solving & analytical skills;
- Able to understand and optimise complex processes with a strong focus on internal controls.
- Proven ability to influence a diverse set of stakeholders
- Ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders while challenging the status quo.