Who we are:
Optiver is a leading global proprietary trading firm. We provide the most up-to-date and competitive prices to anyone wanting to buy or sell financial instruments. Achieving this requires excellence in everything we do. We constantly look for opportunities to advance and improve our pricing, trade execution, and risk management. This rigorous approach helps us realize our mission each and every day: improve the market.
We have a performance-driven culture and continually strive for enhanced knowledge, innovative problem solving and streamlined systems and processes. We are passionate about creating value for the business and supporting the continued success of Optiver. We believe in people with ideas who challenge the status quo and want to help you reach your potential.
What you’ll do:
Reporting to Chief Risk Officer, you will:
- Managing and lead a high performing ORM team
- Refine and execute ORM's strategy covering all offices in APAC.
- Drive the continued development of an overarching Risk and Control framework, improving the maturity of risk identification, escalation, assessment and remediation
- Lead the Risk Management & Assurance strategy, including identifying and implementing best in class assurance practices.
- Collaborate with Heads of Department by promoting a challenging risk dialogue, driving a risk first culture which allows for emerging issues to be discussed
- Collaborate with 1st line (in-business) ORM Trading and IT SME's to align on strategic direction for our control framework
- Opine on the reporting and investigation of risk incidents, ensuring, in partnership with risk owners, that those outside accepted risk appetite are sufficiently escalated and remediated.
- Advise directors on our risk management performance, how we can structurally improve and be part of the implementation.
- Develop ORM's advisory capability and contribute to Optiver’s thought leadership with respect to risk management practices
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field. Further post degree qualifications in Finance, Business, Accounting or Risk Management.
- Internal Audit, Market Risk or Product Control experience in a Trading environment or Risk advisory experience in a Big 4 accounting firm.
- 15+ years relevant experience
- Strong understanding of effective risk and control frameworks
- Knowledge of the operational concerns of a globally distributed trading system, financial systems, and Compliance related issues in our industry.
- Demonstrated experience in executing organisation wide change programs.
- Hands-on experience in managing small teams to meet deliverables in a high performing environment;
- Proven ability to influence a diverse set of stakeholders;
- Knowledge of and passion for external trends and best practices related to risk in our industry.