Who we are:
Optiver is a leading global proprietary trading firm. We provide the most up-to-date and competitive prices to anyone wanting to buy or sell financial instruments. Achieving this requires excellence in everything we do. We constantly look for opportunities to advance and improve our pricing, trade execution, and risk management. This rigorous approach helps us realize our mission each and every day: improve the market
We have a performance-driven culture and continually strive for enhanced knowledge, innovative problem solving and streamlined systems and processes. We are passionate about creating value for the business and supporting the continued success of Optiver. We believe in people with ideas who challenge the status quo and want to help you reach your potential.
What you’ll do:
Reporting to Head of ORM, you will complement team by:
- Support the continuing embedding of the Control Framework across the APAC region by assisting ORM and other teams leads in the organisation to manage risk and assurance via the Control Framework.
- Assist in the continued development of an overarching Risk and Control framework, improving the maturity of risk identification, escalation, assessment and remediation
- Reporting and investigation of risk incidents, ensuring those beyond accepted risk appetite are sufficiently escalated and remediated in partnership with risk owners.
- Direct responsibility on reporting Op risk related metrics, manage the integrity of the Control Framework and Policy Library.
- Collaborate within ORM and other teams leads and promote a challenging risk dialogue, driving a risk first culture
- Contribute to the advisory capability and Optiver’s thought leadership with respect to risk management practices
- Forge strong and effective relationships with your key stakeholders, while challenging the status quo
What you’ll need:
- A relevant bachelor’s degree.
- 1+ year of experience in ORM, Audit or Risk Management.
- Excellent problem solving & analytical skills;
- Able to understand and optimise complex processes with a strong focus on internal controls.
- Proven ability to influence a diverse set of stakeholders
- Ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders while challenging the status quo.
- Strong desire to keep learning and to grow within the role.