Optiver Taiwan Futures Co. Ltd was established in 2005 and has grown to become a significant participant in the Taiwan Market, supporting liquidity by market making over 60 products listed on TAIFEX.
The broader Optiver APAC franchise consists of Sydney as the regional hub of operations, supporting trading activities in Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Singapore and China. Optiver is proud of its unique organisational culture, which is simultaneously low on formality and bureaucracy and highly focused on performance and innovation.
The HR Officer is responsible for all aspects of human resources and functions, including (but not limited) to recruitment, training and development, performance monitoring, as well as development of talent engagement strategies. You’ll be continuously researching and supporting to advise on best practices, employment legislation and design fit for purpose processes in partnership with the business.
The main responsibilities of this role include:
- Recruiting, matching a deep understanding of business needs for finding and attracting exceptional talent;
- Stay up to date with recruitment trends by leveraging a strong network and conducting industry research; develop innovative recruitment strategies;
- Build relationships with external recruiting agencies; continually evaluate effectiveness;
- Managing all operational HR related activities (related to new joiners, leavers, transfers etc.);
- Collaborate with Talent Ops in Sydney on our HRIS (Workday);
- Keep up-to-date of Taiwan Labour Law and act on the implementation;
- Assist in performance management and employee evaluation;
- Maintain employee related records (related to remuneration, attendance record etc.) according to policy and legal requirements;
- Manage HR related administration (including payroll, registration of employees' government insurance and pension plans, expatriate employees’ ARC / work permit etc.);
- Support the design, execution and continuous improvement of our performance management, coaching, remuneration, benefits and talent engagement strategies.
Skills and Experience
To be successful in this role you will be required to have previous experience as an HR Officer and possess a strong background in a fast-paced environment. With a minimum of 3-5 years’ professional experience you will be able to provide clear examples of contributing successfully to your prior organisations.
To be considered for this role you will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or equivalent experience;
- Extensive knowledge of Taiwan HR landscape (Taiwan labour law, pension ruling, tax ruling, immigration etc.), able to transfer legal requirements into HR processes;
- Experience and solid understanding of how to source, screen and recruit for vacancies;
- Experience working in a global company within Taiwan;
- Ability to work both independently and within a collaborative team environment;
- Excellent English & Mandarin written and verbal communication to interact with varied stakeholders within and outside Optiver;
- Proficient in MS Office;
- Strong ethics and reliability;
- Additional HR education and certification will be a plus.
At Optiver we operate without bureaucracy, without hierarchy and without egos. We are a trading firm that combines diverse skill sets, unique minds and the desire to be better. We’re passionate, driven and collaborative when it comes to tackling interesting problems. We also have a performance-driven culture and continually strive for enhanced knowledge. We believe in people with ideas who challenge the status quo and want to help you reach your potential.
In addition to competitive remuneration you will have access to an extensive range of amazing benefits designed to keep you engaged, healthy and balanced so you can deliver your best.