OVER 35 YEARS AGO, Optiver started business as a single trader on the floor of Amsterdam’s European Options Exchange. Today, united by a company mission to improve the market, we are a leading global electronic proprietary trading firm with more than 1000 employees.
Our Shanghai office is growing fast!
We established our Shanghai office in 2012, with a company vision of being the trusted partner in the development of Chinese financial markets. We have already established a firm foothold by being a leading market participant on China’s commodity exchanges. We will continue to be Optiver’s fastest growing office and are on the lookout for outstanding individuals to join our team.
About the Team & Position
As a developer, you’ll be working on systems that improve the efficiency of our daily business. You will have full experience and responsibility for the entire software development life cycle. You’ll also be responsible for designing and optimizing our systems, both technically and functionally. Lastly, you will be provided with business and technical training. Familiar with commodity rules and regulations in different countries with respect to settlement, delivery, shipment and tax. Understand where the arbitrage bounds are for different products.
- 3+ years of software development experience on both front-end and back-end, financial services industry experience is a plus
- Proficient with C#/.net (Linux) and a good understanding of relational database (PostgreSQL)
- Experience with Microservice Architecture, DDD (Domain Driven Design)
- Hands-on experience with both desktop (DevExpress/MVVM) and web (React/Redux) frontend development will be a big plus
- Demonstrated testing experience, including TDD, unit testing, etc.
- A natural problem solver and team player with strong entrepreneurship spirit, detail-oriented and risk-aware
In return for you joining our team, you will be offered a competitive salary package as well as access to a plethora of Optiver-perks. To hear more about what it is like to work here and our great culture, apply now and take the first step towards the best career move you will ever make!