Optiver is a trading firm with a difference. We are a global market maker with a mission to improve the markets we trade in. We pride ourselves on being leaders in our industry and believe that this is down to our exceptional people. From our Sydney office, we trade most of the Asian markets as well as having offices located in Hong Kong, Shanghai and Taipei.
We have a very exciting opportunity for a junior professional to join our small, experienced and knowledgeable Corporate Strategy team based in Sydney. The core function of our Corporate Strategy team is to advise the business and act on external developments and opportunities that may impact Optiver’s strategy.
Who you are
You are a hands-on and creative thinker with natural problem-solving abilities. You are curious and passionate with a proven track record of pro-actively adding value. You are someone who enjoys networking and building relationships and you’ll possess exceptional written and verbal presentation skills. You are interested to build a career at Optiver and grow with the business.
We are looking for someone that is keen to work largely autonomously and take on a high-level responsibility.
Ideally you come from a trading industry background or professional financial services (banking, consulting, Big 4, corporates) and have a number of years working experience. We are flexible though, and ultimately looking for an individual who is passionate about the space and wants to grow with the business. You may have conducted due diligence to provide recommendations to enable management to take well founded decisions and minimise business or financial risks. You are a proactive, enthusiastic and organized person who takes pride in their work and seeks to deliver high quality output every time.
What you’ll do
- Keep the company informed on key developments relating to our markets, operations and business partners
- Be instrumental in sourcing and developing business cases, in close collaboration with the business to drive decision making
- Gain hands-on exposure to Optiver’s business and external developments as you are expected to grow towards taking ownership of market-facing responsibilities
- Synthesize data to identify trends and present these to the business in well written reports and/or presentations
Through your drive and enthusiasm to learn you will seek to add value to our team and our business. You will work in close collaboration with the business and your main internal stakeholders will be in the Trading teams. You will grow towards taking responsibility for projects, business cases and markets in the APAC region.
- Tertiary educated preferably in Finance, Economics, Commerce or similar
- >3 years relevant professional experience in financial services (banking, consulting, Big 4, corporates), derivatives/trading industry or something similar
- Strong analytical, problem solving and data analysis skills
- The ability to distil information to produce well written reports and presentations. As well as excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- An ability to build and maintain relationships both internally and externally
- Fluency in English is a must. Ability to speak Asian languages will be held in high regard
The successful applicant will be part of a company that continuously strives to excel and pursue new opportunities in a dynamic fast moving environment. Our compensation offering is transparent and compelling in both the short and long term. We reward positive impact in a truly meritocratic environment.