Optiver is a leading, technology-driven, proprietary trading firm. We've traded the world's most competitive markets for over 35 years, having grown from a single trader on the floor of Amsterdam's European Option Exchange, to over 1000 employees across Amsterdam, Chicago, London, Shanghai & Sydney. Every day our pioneering trading strategies and systems make millions of trading decisions, each guided by our mission to improve the market.
As a member of the Engineering team at Optiver you'll be working with passionate and curious colleagues who thrive on solving complex problems. Our industry is fast moving and innovative, and so are we. No matter if you're changing a trading or pricing engine, a low-latency connectivity gateway or network configuration, or an in-house UI, you can build something in the morning and see it trading that afternoon.
Our Delta 1 team trades Futures, ETFs and Equities on the major financial exchanges in Asia. We are looking for a Quantitative Engineer to join the Sydney D1 team to help build a world-class quantitative research platform. We have a highly skilled group of quant researchers and traders, and ambitious plans to continue growing. This role will collaborate closely with researchers & traders to build out the research platform that drives that growth.
What you’ll do:
- Closely collaborate with researchers and traders on new experiments, new capabilities and new data sources
- Design and implement improvements to optimise researcher productivity and quality
- Blend your own development expertise with the best open source frameworks and tools
- Drive experimental rigour through repeatable processes on assured data
- Diagnose and resolve any unexpected operational issues
- Leverage cloud infrastructure to solve substantial challenges in computational and data scale
- Integrate to internal & external data sources
Who you are:
- You have experience working with quantitative trading and financial markets data, and in quantitative areas, such as data analysis & machine learning
- You have strong expertise in software engineering, using Python and the Python data science stack (Pandas, NumPy, SciPy)
- You are proficient in designing and implementing distributed systems
- You have previous experience driving prioritisation between multiple stakeholders and could even have experience leading small development teams
- You have dealt with external vendors, ideally data vendors
- You are an advocate for broader industry trends and tools that are relevant to quant research
What we offer
In short, we offer:
- Strong collaboration
- Autonomy and responsibility
- Generous benefits
- Leadership and growth opportunities
Our flat structure makes it easier to get things done. Everyone is empowered to deliver significant changes, supported by your team and your leaders. We value people who are committed to always delivering their best work, so we give people the autonomy to deliver solutions and direct their own career.