Optiver is a leading, technology-driven, proprietary trading firm. We've traded the world's most competitive markets for over 35 years, having grown from a single trader on the floor of Amsterdam's European Option Exchange, to over 1000 employees across Amsterdam, Chicago, London, Shanghai & Sydney. Every day our pioneering trading strategies and systems make millions of trading decisions, each guided by our mission to improve the market.
As a member of the Engineering team at Optiver you'll be working with passionate and curious colleagues who thrive on solving complex problems. Our industry is fast moving and innovative, and so are we. No matter if you're changing a trading or pricing engine, improving the performance of our end of day PnL calculation or low-latency connectivity gateway, you can build can build something in the morning and see it trading that afternoon.
The Enterprise IT team has two goals: transform our legacy systems and transform our work practices for our four critical business units (HR, Legal, Finance, Tax). We are looking for an Engineer to join our Enterprise IT team, to drive retooling and automation initiatives across our Sydney, Taiwan, Hong Kong and China teams. You will work directly with these business units to drive business growth by driving automation.
What you’ll do:
- Liaise with stakeholders across the company to implement and build solutions to enable our business partners to work efficiently and effectively
- Hands-on integration of our third-party platforms
- Develop custom middleware to assist in the transformation and control of data between systems
- Manage deployments to reduce risk and provide production support where required
- Help ensure quality is maintained throughout our systems by writing clean and scalable code
Who you are:
- Proficiency programming in any of the following programming languages: Java, C#, C++, Golang but must be willing to work in C# .NET Core, C++
- You have worked with databases (MSSQL, PostgreSQL) and have experience designing and implementing data schemas
- You are familiar with testing frameworks and are passionate about being involved in all stages of the software development life cycle
- Experience being involved with business process transformation and integrations of third-party vendors via their programmatic API’s
- Solid understanding of working with distributed systems, system backend and client/server architecture
What we offer:
In short, we offer:
- Strong collaboration
- Autonomy and responsibility
- Generous benefits
- Leadership and growth opportunities
Our flat structure makes it easier to get things done. Everyone is empowered to deliver significant changes, supported by your team and your leaders. We value people who are committed to always delivering their best work, so we give people the autonomy to deliver solutions and direct their own career.