Optiver is a leading, technology-driven, proprietary trading firm. We've traded the world's most competitive markets for over 35 years, having grown from a single trader on the floor of Amsterdam's European Option Exchange, to over 1000 employees across Amsterdam, Chicago, London, Shanghai & Sydney. Every day our pioneering trading strategies and systems make millions of trading decisions, each guided by our mission to improve the market.
Our TechOps team is looking for an experienced Market Data Manager to work directly with our development and trading teams to manage our third-party needs. You will be part of a small and fast-paced team based in Sydney, supporting users across APAC on a wide range of solutions and projects. This team's responsibilities include contract management, vendor relationship management and technical project management. You will be able to combine your expertise in these areas with your knowledge of IT systems to solve business problems. This is a very hands-on, high impact and high-performance role, so you will see the results of your work immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Work directly with our traders and engineers to understand their requirements and then manage the delivery to our third-party systems
- Build and manage strategic third-party vendor relationships, as well as the governance around costs and processes
- Review external news and announcements, understand how they impact our internal and external landscape and co-ordinate changes accordingly
- Review contracts, identify technical constraints, negotiate terms and conditions
Who you are:
- You have in-depth market data contract and integration experience
- You understand legal limitations within a trading or financial domain
- You have technical project management experience and strong analytical and problem solving skills
- You have strong relationship management skills and proven ability to influence
- You take initiative to investigate and learn about vendor news that could be directly applied to Optiver
- You can independently find issues and solutions, but is also a team player
- You have strong verbal and written communication
What we offer:
In short, we offer:
- Strong collaboration
- Autonomy and responsibility
- Generous benefits
- Leadership and growth opportunities
Our flat structure makes it easier to get things done. Everyone is empowered to deliver significant changes, supported by your team and your leaders. We value people who are committed to always delivering their best work, so we give people the autonomy to deliver solutions and direct their own career.