OVER 35 YEARS AGO, Optiver started business as a single trader on the floor of Amsterdam’s European Options Exchange. Today, united by a company mission to improve the market, we are a leading global electronic proprietary trading firm with more than 1000 employees.
Our Shanghai office is growing fast!
We established our Shanghai office in 2012, with a company vision of being the trusted partner in the development of Chinese financial markets. We have already established a firm foothold by being a leading market participant on China’s commodity exchanges. We will continue to be Optiver’s fastest growing office and are on the lookout for outstanding individuals to join our team.
About the Team & Position
We have a very exciting opportunity for a professional to join our lean, experienced and knowledgeable Corporate Strategy team based in Shanghai. You will gain solid experience in strategy development, derivative trading and market making – from evaluating market opportunities to developing corporate strategies and business planning for Optiver Shanghai. Most importantly, you will have opportunities to cooperate with the best people in a rising derivative industry to make an impact as a leader and shaping the future of our business and China financial industry.
The essence of the daily role requires:
- Support trading and operation units by collecting and sharing reliable data, information, and solid analysis on market structure and business model
- Participate in business development related to our markets, operations, and business partners
- Assist on strategic analysis, reports, and presentations on Optiver’s presence in China
- Assist on building new and maintaining existing commercial relationships
- Bachelor's degree and above in Finance, Economics, Statistics, or related majors
- 3+ years of experience in the financial industry including exchanges, securities/futures companies, investment banks or work for financial services as a strategy consultant
- The ability to distil information from multiple data resources, and produce well-written reports and presentations
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, and Python
- Excellent verbal communication and exceptional written and presentation skills in both Chinese and English
- Self-motivated; Quick learner; Team player
- Interested in the trading/quantitative finance industry
- Overseas experience is a plus
Optiver's culture is truly unique. If you are entrepreneurial, curious and passionate to build a career at Optiver and grow with the business, apply now and our talent team will be in touch!