Optiver is a leading, technology-driven, proprietary trading firm. We've traded the world's most competitive markets for over 35 years, having grown from a single trader on the floor of Amsterdam's European Option Exchange, to over 1000 employees across Amsterdam, Chicago, London, Shanghai & Sydney. Every day our pioneering trading strategies and systems make millions of trading decisions, each guided by our mission to improve the market.
As a member of the Linux Engineering team at Optiver you'll be working with passionate and curious colleagues who thrive on solving complex problems. We engineer simple, well-architected solutions that meet the dynamic of our trading systems, all of which depend heavily on the stability and performance of our Linux stack.
What you’ll do
- Own the lifecycle of our Linux based servers and applications across our multiple business environments.
- Performance monitoring and managing system capacity.
- Create repeatable and deterministic server builds with collaborative input from development, trading, and hardware teams.
- Be an expert resource for performance tuning of the operating system, kernel and server hardware.
- You will have the opportunity to identify improvement opportunities in our environment, architecting and deploying end-to-end solutions focused on simplicity and automation.
- Everyone in our Infrastructure Teams is responsible for support and troubleshooting of our collective technology stack. This cross-discipline approach ultimately gives out engineers a deeper understand and appreciation of our business and technical operations.
- This is a very hands-on, high impact and high-performance role. You will see the results of your work immediately and have a direct impact on the company.
Who you are
- You are an experienced Linux Systems Engineer who understands ownership of both technical and business problems, building outcomes resulting in high business impact.
- You have 5yrs+ experience in a Senior Linux Engineering or related role.
- An engineering mindset focused on our continual improvement.
- Experience over a wide range of services utilising features such as load balancing, high availability, scaling and best practice architectures.
- Experience within a high-performance computer environment where the result matters.
- Focus on automating where it makes sense with solid scripting skills (primarily Python).
- Infrastructure-as-Code either with or relatable to Puppet, and Ansible.
- You have experience working in environments encompassing virtualization, networking devices, storage, and Microsoft technologies.
What we offer
In short, we offer:
- Strong Collaboration
- Autonomy and Responsibility
- Generous Benefits
- Leadership and Growth Opportunities
Our flat structure makes it easier to get things done. Everyone is empowered to deliver significant changes, supported by your team and your leaders. We value people who are committed to always delivering their best work, so we give people the autonomy to deliver solutions and direct their own career.