Optiver is a leading, technology-driven, proprietary trading firm. We've traded the world's most competitive markets for over 35 years, having grown from a single trader on the floor of Amsterdam's European Option Exchange, to over 1000 employees across Amsterdam, Chicago, London, Shanghai & Sydney. Every day our pioneering trading strategies and systems make millions of trading decisions, each guided by our mission to improve the market.
As a member of the Engineering team at Optiver you'll be working with passionate and curious colleagues who thrive on solving complex problems. Our industry is fast moving and innovative, and so are we. No matter if you're changing a trading or pricing engine, a low-latency connectivity gateway or network configuration, or an in-house UI, you can build something in the morning and see it trading that afternoon.
Our Network Engineers are responsible for the design and management of both enterprise and trading networks. In our enterprise network, we optimise for reliability and scalability. In our trading network, we optimise for a variety of performance characteristics, like latency, that keep us competitive. Optiver’s bespoke infrastructure provides a very diverse network engineering experience. A unique environment comes with unique challenges, but we strive for simplicity and operational excellence.
What you’ll do:
- Deploy, monitor and configure network infrastructure
- Our flat structure means you will be responsible for end-to-end support and project work
- Collaborate with developers, researchers, FPGA hardware engineers and traders to ensure our speed and success in the market
- Build intimate knowledge of exchange environments throughout Asia Pacific, as well as Optiver’s trading systems, influencing low- and high-level design
- Profile, monitor, and benchmark our network system in a lab environment
- Keep abreast of new industry developments, evaluating how they may be applicable in our environment
- Track and solve issues as part of a fast-paced results driven set of IT teams
Who you are:
- You have extensive experience designing, implementing and supporting complex networks using L1/L2/L3 networks and technologies
- You have a deep understanding of routing, switching and firewalls
- You are proficient in with a scripting language, e.g. python or bash
- You are comfortable overseeing and working with Unix systems, and have managed datacentres
- Experience in procuring, monitoring and managing diverse international LAN/WAN networks
- Proven ability in delivering projects end to end individually and in a team environment (initiation through to implementation)
- You could have certifications like CCIP or CCIE
- You could have experience designing and building ultra-low latency networks using L1/FPGA based network devices
What we offer
In short, we offer:
- Strong Collaboration
- Autonomy and Responsibility
- Generous Benefits
- Leadership and Growth Opportunities
Our flat structure makes it easier to get things done. Everyone is empowered to deliver significant changes, supported by your team and your leaders. We value people who are committed to always delivering their best work, so we give people the autonomy to deliver solutions and direct their own career.