WHO WE ARE
Optiver is a proprietary trading firm and leading global market maker. As one of the oldest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner of 50+ exchanges across the globe. Our mission is to constantly improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilising force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for everyone who participates. Optiver’s Sydney office is one of the primary players within Asian markets, trading a range of products. As an active participant on the Hong Kong, Korea, Singapore, Taiwan and Japan exchanges, we act as Optiver’s APAC head office. Since 1996, our Sydney location has gone from five traders to more than 300 driven, dedicated team members from all over the world.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
This is your chance to directly impact Optiver’s cutting-edge trading systems. Your challenge is to further innovate and maintain the foundation underlying our wider infrastructure.
As a Senior Windows Engineer, you will be part of the team who owns our Windows server and client fleets. This team owns the overall life cycle management, including design, deployment, packaging, patching and configuration management. You’ll interact closely with traders and engineers to understand the business needs and design effective solutions. Some other responsibilities include:
- Owning projects of all sizes from conception to completion
- Identifying improvement opportunities to produce simple and elegant solutions in an ever-changing business environment
- Providing support and troubleshooting of our collective technology stack.
WHO YOU ARE
Optiver needs our next Senior Windows Engineer to be someone with:
- 5+ years of experience working in Windows Infrastructure Engineering related role
- A strong engineering instinct, and a deep understanding of both technical and business problems, who will develop outcomes that result in high impact work
- A demonstrated record of achievement as a key member in large technical projects
- A solid grasp of complex infrastructure and the ability to assist with escalation cases
- Experience with Microsoft full stack, both on-premise services and Microsoft 365 Online Services
- Experience with VMware vSphere, networking devices, Linux, SAN and enterprise backup technologies
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- The chance to work alongside diverse, intelligent and driven peers in a rewarding environment
- Competitive remuneration, including an attractive bonus structure and additional leave entitlements
- Training, mentorship and personal development opportunities
- Gym membership plus weekly in-house chair massages
- Daily breakfast and lunch facilities
- Regular social events including an annual company trip
- A work-from-home allowance and support
- Guided relocation, a competitive relocation package and visa sponsorship where necessary
As an intentionally flat organisation, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued and respected, because we believe our best work is done together.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process. We encourage applications from candidates from any and all backgrounds, and we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities.