Optiver is a leading, technology-driven, proprietary trading firm. We've traded the world's most competitive markets for over 35 years, having grown from a single trader on the floor of Amsterdam's European Option Exchange, to over 1000 employees across Amsterdam, Chicago, London, Shanghai & Sydney. Every day our pioneering trading strategies and systems make millions of trading decisions, each guided by our mission to improve the market.
As a member of the Engineering team at Optiver you'll be working with passionate and curious colleagues who thrive on solving complex problems. Our industry is fast moving and innovative, and so are we.
Our Senior Windows Engineers work closely with Trading, the wider business and other Engineering teams developing a deep understand of our business problems and building solutions to meet them. Our Microsoft stack from desktops to servers are the bookends of our trading stack, requiring well-architected solutions that exceed the needs of trading frontends, enterprise IT and back office platforms.
What you’ll do
- You will be part of a small and fast-paced team, based in Sydney, supporting users across APAC and Europe on a wide range of solutions, mostly focused on the Microsoft technology stack.
- You will be part of the team who owns our Windows server and client fleets, responsible for their overall lifecycle management including design, deployment, packaging, patching and configuration management.
- You will be responsible for projects of all sizes, owning them from conception to completion.
- You will have the opportunity to identify improvement opportunities in our environment, architecting and deploying end-to-end solutions focused on simplicity and automation.
- Everyone in our Infrastructure Teams is responsible for support and troubleshooting of our collective technology stack. This cross-discipline approach ultimately gives out engineers a deeper understand and appreciation of our business and technical operations.
- This is a very hands-on, high impact and high-performance role. You will see the results of your work immediately and have a direct impact on the company.
Who you are
- You are an experienced Infrastructure Engineer who understands ownership of both technical and business problems, building outcomes resulting in high impact work.
- You have 5yrs+ experience in a Windows Infrastructure Engineering role or related.
- You have demonstrated experience in providing high quality solution designs and implementations and managing large IT projects.
- You have specific experience in support for complex infrastructure and assist with escalations coming from the user support team.
- You have experience working on Microsoft full stack, both on-premise services (Active Directory, Exchange, SQL, RDS, SCCM, SCOM and PowerShell scripting) and Microsoft 365 Online Services (Azure Active Directory, Exchange Online, Teams and Intune).
- You have experience working with VMware vSphere, networking devices, Linux, SAN and enterprise backup technologies.
- You have MCSE or MSCA certification or equivalent knowledge.
What we offer
In short, we offer:
- Strong Collaboration
- Autonomy and Responsibility
- Generous Benefits
- Leadership and Growth Opportunities
Our flat structure makes it easier to get things done. Everyone is empowered to deliver significant changes, supported by your team and your leaders. We value people who are committed to always delivering their best work, so we give people the autonomy to deliver solutions and direct their own career.