At Optiver, our technology is a key driver of our business. Every one of our employees relies on technology every day, from traders and developers to business operations and control teams. It is imperative that all of our technology be reliable, and any issues be fixed quickly and robustly; this is where our service desk team comes in.
We are looking for a Senior Service Desk Engineer who will work with windows client fleet management and on small projects with the IT Infrastructure Services team. As a Senior Desk Engineer, you will have the opportunity to combine your knowledge in customer support and troubleshooting with a problem-solving mindset in order to solve business issues. You will be expected to identify improvement opportunities to processes and systems and work on implementing solutions to those. You will need to be able to not just assist with user and systems related issues but also on ways to reduce or eliminate the reoccurrence of those.
What you’ll do
- Act as the first point of contact for users seeking support or placing requests.
- Work on a range of small and big IT related projects, both as a resource and a tech lead.
- Log and work on incident tickets, user requests and systems alert management.
- Deal with a range of trading related systems and equipment in a fast-paced environment.
- Automate, standardize and allow users to self-service processes via scripting, systems and creating quality documentation.
- Build trust and relationships with the all users in order to understand needs and priorities.
- Perform periodic audits to the environment enforcing security and standards.
Who you are
- Experience in a Service Desk role or related.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows operating system, Office suite, Microsoft stack and associated technologies (AD, DNS, Group Policy, DHCP, etc) and Exposure to Basic Network troubleshooting (LAN, WAN, and switches)
- Demonstrated experience in management of user access to systems and services, including printers and audio – visual equipment.
- Specific experience of SOE image creation and installation (including desktop-unattended)
- Familiarity with provisioning systems such as SCCM
- Experience in Cisco Call Manager and Cisco Switches – Basic management
- Genuine passion for IT support and a true love of customer service
- A team player with a positive, can-do attitude
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to diagnose and troubleshoot issues
We offer one of the best working environments in Australia. We believe our success hinges on people from across the business working together and our flat structure encourages people to share ideas and enables us to solve challenging problems.
We value people who are committed to always delivering their best work, so we give people the autonomy to deliver solutions and direct their own career. And we make life easier for our people, with a range of benefits that make a tangible positive impact on daily life.