Optiver is a leading market maker and quantitative trading house. We work to make markets fairer, more transparent and more efficient. Because the better markets function, the better it is for everyone.
At Optiver, we do things a bit differently to most businesses. We operate without clients so we maintain an informal culture to make sure it's fun. We skip the operational overheads, unnecessary meetings and formalities to focus on the real tasks. We take serious things very seriously – like chasing wins and embracing the challenges of the market. We strive to solve the most challenging open-ended problems in the most competitive market there is. We collaborate to innovate. We share knowledge, ideas and the glory when everything goes right.
Our Shanghai office is growing fast!
We established our Shanghai office in 2012, with a company vision of being the trusted partner in the development of Chinese financial markets. We have already established a firm foothold by being a leading market participant on China’s commodity and index exchanges. We will continue to be Optiver’s fastest growing office and are on the lookout for outstanding individuals to join our team.
What you’ll work on
Quantitative Researchers are responsible for the accuracy of our core pricing models and work closely with traders to analyse and improve all facets of our trading strategies. Specifically, you will
- Perform extensive analysis on our vast arrays of data to research and implement new alphas
- Support and improve our existing quantitative trading models used by a variety of trading teams
- Develop risk management and portfolio optimization tools to improve our execution algorithm
- Collaborate with developers to test and drive changes to our trading system that will improve our ability to make successful trades.
- Keep up-to-date on the latest development of new models and technologies
What you’ll learn
Thanks to our in-house built trading systems and pricing expertise, Optiver is on the forefront of quantitative trading. You will develop a deep understanding of the models and technology that allow us to continually provide prices for a substantial number of financial products across Asia. You’ll spend your first 8 weeks in a highly interactive training program alongside Traders, Software Developers and Researchers, learning the ins and outs of quantitative trading.
From there you’ll join our Research teams and begin to take on your own responsibilities. You’ll learn how to utilise mathematical modelling to improve our understanding of the financial markets.
What we are looking for
- Masters/PhDs who will graduate before mid-year 2022 OR a recent graduate with up to 2 years’ working experience (PhD degree is a plus)
- Major in a highly quantitative field
- Strong knowledge of probability and statistics, experience in machine learning and time-series analysis is a big plus
- Proficiency in Python programming
- Experience in working with large datasets
- Both self-motivated contributor and a team player, with an entrepreneurial attitude and hunger for success
- Interest in the trading/quantitative finance industry
- Prior work/internship experience in financial industry is a plus but not essential
What we offer
Optiver is a truly high performing environment. We make life easy for you by taking care of the little things. Like providing free breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea, free gym membership and free massages every week. And coffee, free from our onsite barista. There are also plenty of ways to unwind, from our famous games area and social clubs to our many internal sports teams, board game teams. With a culture that celebrates wins, you can bet that from our social events, annual trip, Christmas party and more, you'll find time to meet your fellow Optiverians and enjoy a party or two.
Optiver also believes in getting better every day. Our internal learning and development programs are designed to help you get to the next level. With in-house experts, a structured learning program and plenty of opportunities to learn as you work, you're always developing new skills. Which helps when you're solving the most interesting problems in the world.
Apply now till April 19th 2021 via our career website: www.optiver.com. We recruit on a rolling basis so the sooner you apply, the sooner you could secure our offer!
For any other inquiries, please email: [email protected]