OVER 30 YEARS AGO, Optiver started business as a single trader on the floor of Amsterdam’s European Options Exchange. Today, united by a company mission to improve the market, we are a leading global electronic proprietary trading firm with more than 1000 employees.
Our Shanghai office is growing fast!
We established our Shanghai office in 2012, with a company vision of being the trusted partner in the development of Chinese financial markets. We have already established a firm foothold by being a leading market participant on China’s commodity exchanges. We will continue to be Optiver’s fastest growing office and are on the lookout for outstanding individuals to join our team.
About the Position
In an environment where performance is measured in nanosecond, we need our systems to perform at their peak, all day, and every day. As a Trading Systems Engineer, you will work in the production environment where you provide technical support to our trading team and are a custodian of the systems that drive Optiver’s core business.
From the software that places orders to the market to the front-end trading applications, you are in a unique position of having strong end-to-end understanding of how these components operate as one. You are entrusted with delivering game-changing ideas and coordinating incident responses. Your goal is flawless execution on every occasion.
Whilst this is not a development or systems administrative role, it does incorporate elements of both. You’ll often find yourself in the trading team as a trusted advisor to our traders on operational decisions. Taking the best of both worlds, you excel in taking real business problems and solving them with cutting edge technology.
- At least 3 years' working experience in Linux system administrator or other operation areas.
- Intermediate level of Linux and network knowledge
- Intermediate level of Shell / Python scripting skills (Mastering in one of them is a plus)
- Good troubleshooting skills (Experience with incident management is a plus)
- Experience with Git, Ansible and other open source tools would be a plus
- Ability to communicate both Chinese and English clearly and effectively
- Ability to work under pressure and adapt to a rotating shift schedule
- Experience of financial industry would be a plus but not a must
In-house trading training is provided so you’ll be well equipped to liaise with traders. You’ll learn about market operations, trading concepts and strategies, and how that translates to the technology that makes Optiver as a business tick. Working in a close-knit and talented team, you’ll be able to apply your experience managing projects and lead the day to day execution of work. In return for your expertise, you will be offered a competitive salary package as well as access to a plethora of Optiver-perks.