At Optiver we do things differently; we are a market maker who is breaking the mould of traditional trading. We power our success through tight code, in-depth knowledge and close collaboration, keeping the feedback fast and the ideas flowing.
We are looking for an exceptional Front-End Engineer to join our Business Intelligence team here in Sydney. The development in our team is complex, fast-paced and requires creative problem solving. We embrace an always-learning, always-improving mindset, which feeds an enviable culture of collaboration and ownership. You will see the impact of your work first-hand, with the ability to see the features you develop running in production.
Who you are:
- You have a deep understanding of the following technologies: React, Hooks, Saga, Webpack, ES6, HTML, SVG, CSS
- You have experience leading front end projects and architecting front end applications from scratch
- You are passionate about working through the full software development lifecycle, with responsibility from gathering requirements to development to testing to deployment & delivery
What you’ll do:
- As a front end engineer, you will be working directly with internal teams to gather requirements and then use those requirements to design and implement first class solutions
- Manage deployments to reduce risk and ensure that quality is maintained throughout our systems
- Contribute to our never-ending goal of continuous improvement by delivering clean, scalable, reliable, high-quality code.
What we offer:
Every day we strive to improve the market and we trust our people to deliver. We make our expectations clear and leave you to do what you do best, alongside a team of dedicated and innovative Optiverians. Whilst we take our work seriously, we have a thriving social calendar and plenty of benefits in place to give us reason to hang out. It’s an environment like no other!