At Optiver, the technical problems posed within the business are truly challenging. Solving them is instrumental to our success. The top talent we invest in allows us to achieve our goals, which is why our people are at the centre of everything we do. We are aware that tedium does not inspire creative individuals, so we ensure our people are consistently challenged and given the opportunity to grow, with leadership typically grown from within.
We are looking for a Senior Engineer that can help us ensure our execution platforms are running with as low latency as possible. Our low latency trading helps us retain our number one status in the market and finding engineers who are passionate about fast paced development is critical to our success.
Who you are:
- You have extensive experience working as a Software Engineer on complex systems, and are proficient with OO programming in C/C++
- You are passionate about solving challenging problems with highly optimised code and have an interest in low-latency or real-time systems
- Your ability to work through the full software development lifecycle sets you aside from others… from gathering requirements, to testing and deployment.
- You have a proven ability working with Linux and an understanding of computer networks
What you’ll do:
- You’ll deliver a range of solutions to our complex FPGA and software low latency execution platforms, which help us place orders from our auto-trading systems
- You will work with internal stakeholders across the business, implementing key features in our execution applications, through to testing and deployment
- You will implement risk boundary checks, order management and exchange connectivity with as low latency as possible
- You’ll have the opportunity to see the impact of your work firsthand!
What we offer:
We offer one of the best working environments in Australia. We believe our success hinges on people from across the business working together and our flat structure encourages people to share ideas and enables us to solve challenging problems.
We value people who are committed to always delivering their best work, so we give people the autonomy to deliver solutions and direct their own career. And we make life easier for our people, with a range of benefits that make a tangible positive impact on daily life.