At Optiver, we seek to continuously improve our approach to pricing, execution and risk management. We believe that the rigour with which we approach these problems is a source of competitive edge. We have an appetite to diversify and improve and are always looking for great new talent to bring fresh ideas and perspectives to our trading team. We are uniquely placed in the market with a combination of access to great liquidity through our market-making desks and a progressive risk appetite to leverage upon that.
We have an opportunity for an experienced Options Prop/Positional Trader to join the team and improve us further. You will trade options across Asian markets as part of a collaborative team with access to best in class systems and tools.
Who you are
The ideal candidate will have strong options and product knowledge, preferably in equities. You will be a natural problem solver with exceptional analytical and quantitative skills. You’re a strong performer with a passion for trading and eagerness to learn and continually improve. You are interested and familiar with markets and comfortable with trading a view. We work very collaboratively at Optiver, so this role will suit someone who enjoys working in a team, sharing knowledge and learning from others.
- 3-8 years’ experience working as an Equity/Index Options Trader
- Track record of strong trading performance
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the market and an understanding of how markets function and the opportunities present
- Strong and responsible risk appetite
- Strong communication skills and ability to work under pressure
- Passion for trading, and a strong desire to continuously improve spots
You may also have these skills but they are not requirements:
- Familiarity and strength in coding, with Python, R or other languages
- Knowledge and experience of other asset classes
- Familiarity with the large flows the occur in the market and motivations for market behaviour
- Experience mentoring or training juniors
We truly value the talents of our team and foster a collaborative and supportive working environment. We believe in a culture of high performance and reward impact and added value. Apply now to find out more!