OVER 30 YEARS AGO, Optiver started business as a single trader on the floor of Amsterdam’s European Options Exchange. Today, united by a company mission to improve the market, we are a leading global electronic proprietary trading firm with more than 1000 employees.
Our Shanghai office is growing fast!
We established our Shanghai office in 2012, with a company vision of being the trusted partner in the development of Chinese financial markets. We have already established a firm foothold by being a leading market participant on China’s commodity exchanges. We will continue to be Optiver’s fastest growing office and are on the lookout for outstanding individuals to join our team.
We now have an IT Operations Engineer Internship program commencing in July 2021. In an environment where performance is measured in nanoseconds, we need our systems to perform at their peak, all day, and every day. As an IT Operations intern, you will rotate in our application engineer team and IT Infrastructure team, which incorporates elements of both development and systems admin.
During the internship program, you will be assigned with an experienced mentor who will show you the ins-and-outs of our trading systems and provide you with guidance and feedback. Additionally, internal resources will be available for your continuous learning and development. If you’ve excelled over the summer and shown us your potential, you could receive an offer to join us as a graduate application engineer or infrastructure engineer!
What you will need
- Knowledge and experience in Linux OS and Network
- Knowledge and experience in Python, Shell or other scripting languages
- Loves the satisfaction of fixing issues and identifying areas for improvement
- Passionate about automation and finds ways to automate solutions to common themes rather than just specific problems
- Interests in new technologies and ability to utilize them to their fullest potential in an ever-changing environment.
- Enjoys working with a variety of technical and non-technical colleagues
- Able to work in English
- A penultimate year university student, graduating in 2022
- Studying an Electronic/Electrical Engineering/Computer Science or any other IT related majors with passion to learn how technologies and systems work together
What you will also get as perks
- Competitive internship salary
- Free accommodation
- Free breakfast, lunch and snacks
- Gym membership
- Weekly massage
- Medical insurance
- Casual dress
- And…much more!
See yourself at Optiver? Apply now till March 8th, 2021 via our career website: www.optiver.com
Please make sure all the documents are in English before your submission.
For any other inquiries, please email: [email protected]