OVER 30 YEARS AGO, Optiver started business as a single trader on the floor of Amsterdam’s European Options Exchange. Today, united by a company mission to improve the market, we are a leading global electronic proprietary trading firm with more than 1000 employees.
Our Shanghai office is growing fast!
We established our Shanghai office in 2012, with a company vision of being the trusted partner in the development of Chinese financial markets. We have already established a firm foothold by being a leading market participant on China’s commodity exchanges. We will continue to be Optiver’s fastest growing office and are on the lookout for outstanding individuals to join our team.
What you’ll work on
FPGAs are critical in executing successful trades. With no external clients, we operate in a fast feedback, quick release environment. You’ll work in a close knit, multidisciplinary team to design and develop accurate, efficient devices that solve real business problems. You’ll also:
- Take ownership of a project with tangible business value
- Explore new mechanisms for faster data communication/processing to accelerate network infrastructure and trading systems
- Work with the cutting-edge software and hardware technologies in a highly competitive industry
- Develop rigorous FPGA design or test benches using a combination of VHDL, System Verilog, or Python.
What you’ll learn
You’ll be a fully integrated Optiverian during your time with us. You’ll build relationships across the business by working with other teams in IT, as well as the rest of our core business functions, also more personally at different company activities and sports/games. If you’ve excelled over the summer and shown us your potential, we’ll invite you to join us as a Graduate FPGA Developer!
Who you are
At heart, you’re a problem solver. You don’t stop until you’ve figured out a solution and then found a way to improve it even further. In addition, you’re:
- Familiar with Xilinx or Intel FPGA device architecture, design flows, tools, and digital logic design concepts.
- Familiar with HDL languages: VHDL and/or Verilog as well as some experience with Python and/or C++
- Knowledgeable about Linux commands and scripts
- Understand network protocols: Ethernet, IP, TCP/UDP
- Keen to create high-performance, low-latency designs that critically impact trading success
- Strong interests of heterogeneous computing and FPGA acceleration architecture in machine learning area
- Deeply passionate about technology, particularly FPGA hardware, and have a range of out-of-classroom projects or activities to prove it
- Keen to work alongside the best Developers and Traders in the industry, with the humility to continually challenge yourself to improve and grow
- A penultimate year university student, graduating in 2022
- Studying an Electronic/Electrical Engineering/Microelectronics/Computer Science or similarly technical degree
What you will also get as perks
- Competitive internship salary
- Free accommodation
- Free breakfast, lunch and snacks
- Gym membership
- Weekly massage
- Medical insurance
- Casual dress
- And…much more!
See yourself at Optiver? Apply now till March 8th, 2021 via our career website: www.optiver.com
Please make sure all the documents are in English before your submission.
For any other inquiries, please email: [email protected]